Tis true, the cheeky chap we all love has the owl has decided to hang up his talons.

And to be honest, I'm a bit disappointed the club haven't done anything to acknowledge his efforts over the years both on and off the pitch.

Not even announcing his retirement or a bit of PA re searching for a new chaddy.

Just to set the record straight, I quit before the first home game of the season as I felt it was the right time to do so. A few things have changed lately with regards to the role, and i wasn't 100% happy with it. I thought by stepping down someone else would get chance to do the job and experience some of the absolute amazing times I had during the 9 years I did it. And the club had someone they wanted to step into the role for matchdays, not sure what will happen regarding the races and appearances around the country that I did, but matchdays are the main point of Chaddy.

I have made some amazing friends over the years doing this role, and I don't regret a minute of it. I have done things that will make me giggle for years to come, and i have had the pleasure of being involved in some amazing times for the club. I would have preferred to see the point where the new stand opened, or us getting promotion or to Wembley whilst in the role, but it just wasn't to be.

Just a shame things ended a little bit sour towards the end, and some things have been said about me personally which I don't agree with, but that's just peoples personal opinions of me and they are entitled to them, but it has left a bit of a nasty taste in my mouth and I don't see myself coming to watch the games for a while, although i always want to see how they have done. Im sure that will change soon enough though when things pass over.

I wish the new lad all the luck in the world and i hope he gets accepted as well as i did all them years ago. As i found out very quickly, if you put the effort in, people really appreciate it.

The artist formerly known as Chaddy :)

Just to set the record straight, I quit before the first home game of the season as I felt it was the right time to do so. A few things have changed lately with regards to the role, and i wasn't 100% happy with it. I thought by stepping down someone else would get chance to do the job and experience some of the absolute amazing times I had during the 9 years I did it. And the club had someone they wanted to step into the role for matchdays, not sure what will happen regarding the races and appearances around the country that I did, but matchdays are the main point of Chaddy.

I have made some amazing friends over the years doing this role, and I don't regret a minute of it. I have done things that will make me giggle for years to come, and i have had the pleasure of being involved in some amazing times for the club. I would have preferred to see the point where the new stand opened, or us getting promotion or to Wembley whilst in the role, but it just wasn't to be.

Just a shame things ended a little bit sour towards the end, and some things have been said about me personally which I don't agree with, but that's just peoples personal opinions of me and they are entitled to them, but it has left a bit of a nasty taste in my mouth and I don't see myself coming to watch the games for a while, although i always want to see how they have done. Im sure that will change soon enough though when things pass over.

I wish the new lad all the luck in the world and i hope he gets accepted as well as i did all them years ago. As i found out very quickly, if you put the effort in, people really appreciate it.

Your signed laminated poster is still up on my son's wall ( wanted a real-owl chaddy mascot that had run out in the shop).

I'll never forget the extra mile you went.

Best of luck in whatever you are doing.

You did a sterling job and you were great with my lad when he was mascot. He always had a real fear of these dressed up 'characters' but after showing him the suit, it was the first time that he lost that fear and could enjoy being around them.

Im not being funny here but does it really matter???

Err Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yes to the kiddies we are trying to get through the turnstyles, yes to the charity work the owl supports, Yes to supporters chaddy gives a giggle too pre match, Yes to the national press he gets when he wins mascot races and when he is stretchered off injured at away games.

The owl is a ledgend and promotes the club well.