Call All Oldham Fans.....!

Can we please get behind the manager and the players! Slagging them off makes things worse. We're all upset and confused as to why things aren't going for us just now, but it will. LJ is very thorough, has and is continuing to try different shapes / players. It will come good, give it time, it's a brand new squad (again) and I feel with this manager a squad WILL be built over the course this/next season.

This season = getting squad to hell

Next season = watching it blossom into a decent top 10 L1 side.

If people expect promotion or thrashings straight away, go and support a team with an inexhaustible supply of money, coz that's what it takes!

As for the possible take over......until it happens or positive talks commence, it's not worth boring ourselves over. I mean, over 50 pages on MK, Jesus H Christ!

If people expect promotion or thrashings straight away, go and support a team with an inexhaustible supply of money, coz that's what it takes!

It doesn't even work then. Look at City.

I do like the idea of taking the squad to hell though. If only now and then. :)

Agree 100%. Think we should pack the RRE with Our Away supporters and proper fans next Saturday. Getting seriously pi55ed off with the arseholes who sit around me in the main stand paddock. Don't know why they go every other week. Will probably have to smack one of them soon. Call us happy clappers if you like, but I'm sure we just used to be called proper fans.!!! KTF

I wasn't aware of excessive criticism from the fans. We've all had a bit of a moan about missed chances, poor defending etc so is that outlawed now? I think the majority of fans are right behind LJ.

I think the OP is referring to the higher than usual occurances of WUMs / Trolls (whatever you call them) appearing on here recently.

It could well be the same poster (or small number of posters) with different user names - i realise that.

But - there are a growing number of these type of posters appearing.

The worry is, that it starts full tilt at games as well as on here...

Rather be playing decent football and losing than crap football and losing ala Moore, Penny eras, onwards and upwards, Johnson WILL get it right

We finished 10th in a full season Ronnie Moore after ending the previous season 19th when we were mainly managed by Talbot.

We won a lot more than we lost.

Johnson will get it right though.

The pretty football wasnt on show against crewe and it wasnt on show yesterday. For me lj is messing with the team too much. Changing two or three players each game as well as our tactics and formation isnt helping one bit.

There were cries of "johnson sort it out" yesterday and i can understand the frustrations. I firmly believe johnson will go on to do well with this club and regardless of our fortunes in the league this year (barring relegation) i will be fully behind him in august next year as well. It was never going to be an overnight job but i just think all the hype generated on here pre season is biting us on the arse at the moment.

People expecting instant success are living in a dream world whereas people insisting we are going down are too far the other way. We have a good nucleus of pro's, some of which will go on to do very well in the game and we have the squad size to be able to cope with a deason long campaign instead of faultering in feb. However we dont have 11 names who virtually pick themselves. Until we get that settled side we will continue to struggle. Its up to the players to make themselves undroppable, and up to lj to believe in his tactics and formation instead of keep swapping and changing.

Ktf

Fully support Lee johnson he will get it right! Looking forward to next game already we can change our fortunes.

I'm not so convinced he will. That said, there's no point in questioning his position until he's had a full season with his own squad of players.

I've said since before the season started that expectation is far too high. It only works against Johnson. We can't reasonably expect to 'do a Yeovil' and talk of 'Premier League in a few years' was my personal favourite. Yeovil were the exception, not the rule.

We have a crap budget relative to probably at least half of this division. We have a very young, very inexperienced manager who has had to build a new squad, almost from scratch, with the aforementioned crap budget.

If we look at it rationally, a top-half finish would be a huge step in the right direction after the past few seasons.

I've got no faith in LJ attall. Time to make a change. I'm fed-up of all his silly little promises. He says that some of his players lack savvy. He brought them players to the club. He's only got himself to blame. What are we going to do if we don't win any of the next 10 games?

Let's see if we can break the record for the most managers in a season! Change every 9 games unless we get at least 12 points, rolling interviews non-stop. That's the way to get the club out of 4 years of bottom 8 finishes.

I've got no faith in LJ attall. Time to make a change. I'm fed-up of all his silly little promises. He says that some of his players lack savvy. He brought them players to the club. He's only got himself to blame. What are we going to do if we don't win any of the next 10 games?

Is there such a thing as destructive criticism? Cos if there aint this guy wants to patent it

I'm just waiting for the thread where all these new posters start to have a debate / conversation together.

Should be good fun watching if he / she remembers which new accounts they've created have which views...

Fairly sure I veggies spotted it already. I don't mind differences of opinion but we all have nom de plumes anyway, it's fairly tacky to use different names to exaggerate the level of support your view has