Tonight's starting 11

Making the same mistakes as PD, the attacking philosophy looks to have been abandoned and its all talk.

PD had three seasons.

Admittedly, Johnson got it wrong tonight and Wolves got more respect than they deserved.

He really needs to pick a starting eleven and stick with it..otherwise, Latics will continue to struggle.

That's the problem....we need a settled side if we are going to progress and be consistent. He's trying to keep everyone happy and it's just not working. The attacking mindset he started with seems to have gone by the wayside and I am a little bit puzzled as to change in attitude.

PD had three seasons.

Admittedly, Johnson got it wrong tonight and Wolves got more respect than they deserved.

He really needs to pick a starting eleven and stick with it..otherwise, Latics will continue to struggle.

His 'No fear' headline comment in the Chron and the subsequent starting line up makes him look all talk.

Lack of goals is the problem just as it was under PD.

I said it last season and I'll say it this season, as long as you have the two holding midfielders goals will be scarce.

Edited by BP1960

His 'No fear' headline comment in the Chron and the subsequent starting line up makes him look all talk.

Lack of goals is the problem just as it was under PD.

I said it last season and I'll say it this season, as long as you have the two holding midfielders goals will be scarce.

Holding midfielders isn't the problem, not having any decent strikers is.

I am getting fed up of LJ's constant 'need' to change the team - WHY??!!

The team that has played the best football and won the games has been a 4-4-2 with Philliskirk and Rooney up top, with 2 tricky wingers.

We layed down and died tonight before we even kicked off - i have not been bored at a game this season but i was tonight - terrible tactics with non-existant attacking until we went 4-4-2 at 1 down and had a slight go at them for the final 10 but that was powderpuff.

Rooney plays well on saturday, ok he wants to change tactics, firstly - let them worry about us being on a little run and playing well, totally killed the momentum tonight and Rooney dropped again - keep doing it LJ and you will alienate the fans and players.

We win but why should i keep scoring when all he does is drop me 2 games later or plays me with yet another partner, will no doubt be rooney's thoughts.....................

4-4-2 stick with a line up and if it wins it stays the same LJ, no player will complain when the team is winning!!

Sure, go 1-0 up and change to 5 in midfield, that;s different, but to simply not have a go tonight and let them have it with ease was sad to see.

That is not the Oldham we have come to know this season, with pace and a desire to win the game, we were completely stifled by our manager tonight with his inexplicable subbuteo head on - keep mixing the tactics and not building partnerships on the pitch and we will continue to blow hot and cold.

Come on LJ, get it sorted!!

Oh and the final straw with Oxley tonight, yet again never came for a cross and handed them their first goal, literally. Near post cross and he dived to catch it, instead of clwaing the ball into his body he palmed it to the feet of their player 8 yards out, absolutely shocking when you think back to the crosses Kelly used to come and claim at 5ft 4in !!!

Rachubka in next game without a doubt.

Holding midfielders isn't the problem, not having any decent strikers is.

Latics have had plenty of proven strikers in the past couple of years, it's no coincidence they have all lacked the service of a creative midfielder and none have been prolific.

I maintain if LJ carries on with with Wesolowski and Smith in deep holding roles goals will be scarce and the league position won't improve.