Home v Wolves in the FA Cup

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TV game surley?

Given they're arguably the biggest team left in the competition, our exploits last season, the Johnson Factor and the fact TV usually go for the biggest teams in the competition - I'd say this is nailed on. If not live we'll get the main highlights fee....

I thought that at first but if you think about it, there is a chance of a decent crowd as long as we price it sensibly.

Very good chance of TV as well.

If Johnson grows a pair, treats it like the one off game it is and has a reet proper go at them this time - it really could be cracker with a very good crowd too. As long as the pricing is right and the police don't take the piss. Has the potential to be a proper rip-roaring cup tie...

Hope they keep the small part of the RRE for us, would definitely add to the atmosphere. Which weekend are they played?

It would make no sense. There will be more than enough seats in Chaddy End and Main Stand for home fans and Wolves will fill the whole of the RRE so makes more sense to let them have it...

On this occasion I agree Paddy, 1st round of the FAC v Third Division Wolves will not drag people out of the Squire Knott & Last Orders. However they should travel in big numbers given the first season at this level 'Billy Big Boillocks' mentality these clubs have when they first come down.

Possibility home fans will be outnumbered if it's normal match day pricing. But a good chance it will be on TV too...

Friday Night game on BT SPORT too and at least one other. Last couple of seasons there's been three or four games televised in the early rounds.

Looks to be Friday/Monday BT

Saturday/Sunday ITV

Edited by oafcprozac

Are tell you now it's far from the draw Wolves would have wanted

Very good chance of a TV game or as prozac said a big highlights fee. It's much better than Stevenage at home and losing 1-0 to get bums on seats & if its a draw the replay could be on TV and we get 40% of a 16,000+ crowd at their place

Nothing to be scared of

Edited by laticdickovarmy

Are tell you now it's far from the draw Wolves would have wanted

Some Wolves fans on twitter don't seem very pleased, but they clearly love Oldham!!

Tim Rigby@thetimrigby

Absolute :censored:hole of a town, three sided ground and playing them away in 3 months anyway. No positives to that draw #wwfc #wolves #facup

lex Lane@AlexLane18

Oldham away then in the old FA cup first round. Not the best tie doesn't excite me at all boring comes to mind oh well #wwfc

Mark Bromley@bromWWFC

What a :censored:e draw! F*****g Oldham away! About as exciting as a bag of sand! #AntiClimax #GetJobDone #WWFC

Russ Cockburn@Dwarfio

I mean who in the right mind deserves to visit oldham twice in six months #wwfc

J@JMasters171212

:censored:ty tin pot Oldham away, what a boring draw #wwfc #oafc

Some Wolves fans on twitter don't seem very pleased, but they clearly love Oldham!!

Tim Rigby@thetimrigby

Absolute :censored:hole of a town, three sided ground and playing them away in 3 months anyway. No positives to that draw #wwfc #wolves #facup

lex Lane@AlexLane18

Oldham away then in the old FA cup first round. Not the best tie doesn't excite me at all boring comes to mind oh well #wwfc

Mark Bromley@bromWWFC

What a :censored:e draw! F*****g Oldham away! About as exciting as a bag of sand! #AntiClimax #GetJobDone #WWFC

Russ Cockburn@Dwarfio

I mean who in the right mind deserves to visit oldham twice in six months #wwfc

J@JMasters171212

:censored:ty tin pot Oldham away, what a boring draw #wwfc #oafc

And Wolver:censored:inghampton is a paradise beyond the dreams of mere mortals!