Home v Wolves in the FA Cup

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play. Have a pop at County Derry and I'll :censored: you up though. grrrrr .

I once met an Irish catholic called Derry.

I asked him if his Protestant friends called him "Londonderry".

He gave me a look that suggested he might well kill me and said "I don't have any Protestant friends".

I once met an Irish catholic called Derry.

I asked him if his Protestant friends called him "Londonderry".

He gave me a look that suggested he might well kill me and said "I don't have any Protestant friends".

I wouldn't want to divert the thread away from it's core purpose of people getting arsey about being told their nan's home town has poor leisure facilities.

I thought that the FA Cup was moving back to the BBC this season? I'm sure Gary Lineker tweeted saying that it would be some time ago, that's disappointing that it's not and I have to put up with another year of ITVs awful punditry team ruining the feel of the FA Cup for me.

It's a shame for a lot of football clubs... Not just in the fa cup but in general. Because itv don't care about games, they base it all on audiences, that's why united are on 9/10 no matter who they are playing.

And the FA sell the rights for more instead of making it part of the deal that the winning bidder must show games involving those of their MEMBERS who don't normally benefit from TV money.

I'm no lover of the TV companies but the FA could easily force some redistribution of wealth here.

And the FA sell the rights for more instead of making it part of the deal that the winning bidder must show games involving those of their MEMBERS who don't normally benefit from TV money.

I'm no lover of the TV companies but the FA could easily force some redistribution of wealth here.

I'm not sure if they can, the PL teams would probably start threatening to pull out if the FA tried to do this.

I'm not sure if they can, the PL teams would probably start threatening to pull out if the FA tried to do this.

Wouldn't they have done so already?

Wigan won £1.8m prize money as FA Cup winners and got something like £60m for going down.

I'd imagine there's a similar difference between ITV's FA Cup TV money and Sky's Premier League/Champions League money.

Edited by HarryBosch

It's a shame for a lot of football clubs... Not just in the fa cup but in general. Because itv don't care about games, they base it all on audiences, that's why united are on 9/10 no matter who they are playing.

Did you know that the last United FA Cup game that wasn't on TV was all the way back in 2005 when non-league Exeter travelled the Old Trafford. Aside from Exeter pulling off a huge shock and getting a 0-0, the money from that tie allowed them to pay off all outstanding debts and kept the club in existence. For all the United games TV pick, they probably missed the biggest one!

I thought that the FA Cup was moving back to the BBC this season? I'm sure Gary Lineker tweeted saying that it would be some time ago, that's disappointing that it's not and I have to put up with another year of ITVs awful punditry team ruining the feel of the FA Cup for me.

BBC isn't much better...?