• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been that enamoured by LJ in comparison to others, but the obly way we have to get out of this division (the right way) is to get a team, ride out the bad times, have faith in them and the manager.

Sacking him? Do me a favour. What will that achieve?

He needs time. Real time to show what he can do.

I said before a ball was kicked that we needed an experienced assistant. Nothing has changed my mind.

Edited by pukka

2 loans in? Hope that's a threat to the team more than anything else.

Bring back Tarky for Mellor and give JCH the start that it sounded like he earned tonight and we'll keep things settled enough to give us the best chance of winning.

He was right to start Millar tonight to keep things ticking over from the Swindon win and he couldn't have changed things around much earlier than he did tonight.

Evolution not revolution. 2 new signings would be closer to the latter.

2 loans in? Hope that's a threat to the team more than anything else.

Bring back Tarky for Mellor and give JCH the start that it sounded like he earned tonight and we'll keep things settled enough to give us the best chance of winning.

He was right to start Millar tonight to keep things ticking over from the Swindon win and he couldn't have changed things around much earlier than he did tonight.

Evolution not revolution. 2 new signings would be closer to the latter.

Agree totally

One of the (many) refreshing things about LJ's spell to date has been the lack of loanees brought in.

We've added decent full time contracted players - on clever short term deals, rather than the previous default of loanee after loanee

I wouldn't want a return to that...

Agree totally

One of the (many) refreshing things about LJ's spell to date has been the lack of loanees brought in.

We've added decent full time contracted players - on clever short term deals, rather than the previous default of loanee after loanee

I wouldn't want a return to that...

I agree, but my guess is he will bring a couple in anyway as he can't trust some players to play well one match to the next.

Way to much long ball tonight as we didn't win a header up front.

Not sure why we tried to play that game.

Trouble was, we didn't have a plan B.

Disappointed tonight and we looked like a team with no idea. There where the odd spells but they where over just as quick as they started.

Missed a couple of players tonight who would have made a difference. Defence looked dodgy all night and Nott's knew it.

If Dickov had been in charge tonight we would have lost 1-0 and the :censored:in crowd would have been asleep......he's learning his trade and we still haven't been battered by anybody.

Was thinking that myself, although it's irrelevant and I wasn't there I'd much rather score a few and lose than lose by a single goal in the last ten minutes after 80 minutes of :censored:e like under Dickov

Jus got back now and for me the only players and it wasn't the worst I've seen that's for sure.....ref was wank again!

JCH deserves a game from the start...Kusunga was stand out for me and Mellor did alright. Winchester at fault for the 2nd didn't learn after the guy had been given offside in the same position 2 mins previous.

I thought Rodgers gave us really impetus when he came on albeit for a short time....knocked the ball around sharply and opened them up easily.

Sidney just doesn't have a clue and really needs to be got a grip of

will we ever get over dickov? not having a go at anyone but all we ever seem to do is 'if dickov was here' or 'with dickov' i thought we'd got rid of that wee jock months ago ffs

Like I said it's irrelevant, but it seems like a few people's expectations are a bit too high given our situation, there's clearly been massive improvements. Think some people are expecting too much too soon and it's not gonna happen like that!

Like I said it's irrelevant, but it seems like a few people's expectations are a bit too high given our situation, there's clearly been massive improvements. Think some people are expecting too much too soon and it's not gonna happen like that!

got it right there, plenty of people expecting too much... im just expecting league one football for the rest of my life, 16 years of league one already - don't think anything will change soon

I agree, but my guess is he will bring a couple in anyway as he can't trust some players to play well one match to the next.

Spot on BP. Time again players have come in for a great twenty minutes or a great game, only to go AWOL in the next game. The only really consistent player is tarky.

An that's the thing; I've thought all season the defence was doing ok, no. . tarky has propped us up. We're not to bad going forward but one clean sheet is it? Worrying.

Apart from Wolves we're yet to lose by more than 1 goal. We've been competitive in every match apart from Wolves, with a squad that's almost had a complete overhaul. The football has generally been of a better standard then previous seasons. Chopping and changing the manager isn't the right way to go about things, look at Leyton Orient. I'm still convinced we won't go down this season, and LJ's still learning his trade. Avoid relegation this season keep the majority of the squad together and I'm sure next season we'll see a vast improvement.