Steve Eyre

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any need to knock LJ. He at least sees the same problems with the team as we do, and with certain players. Dickov hardly ever did, he just stuck with his favourites. I heard his comments after they got hammered last Friday, and it could have been a recording after one of our defeats under him. LJ will sort it out.

So, what you're saying is that he has done alright working in a background role at a club with rich resources at their disposal, and as part of a huge backroom team.

But the main occassion when he has been in sole charge and failed big time, is to be scrubbed from his CV completely??

Cool. I'll get the tip-ex to my CV tomorrow should look pretty good using that technique of yours.....

Yes, I understand I have taken the comments about Steve Eyre's career offroad slightly. That's more to discredit Rochdale though. I was really impressed with his commentary last night and it was a real eye-opener. Really good. As for the team, i'm really worried. Can't see us getting much from the next 4 games, but last Saturday's win against Swindon keeps me believing.

Yes, I understand I have taken the comments about Steve Eyre's career offroad slightly. That's more to discredit Rochdale though. I was really impressed with his commentary last night and it was a real eye-opener. Really good. As for the team, i'm really worried. Can't see us getting much from the next 4 games, but last Saturday's win against Swindon keeps me believing.

So you can't see us getting much from the bottom of the table, and 2 other teams likely to struggle for the whole season, who are both below us and 1 who we spanked having made a few changes in the JPT, away and MK Dons at home, who are far from the force they were a few years ago.

We have 4 eminently winnable games in the league, 5 if you count Bradford at home too, coming up. #therunstartshere *

*I don't actually think we will win all 5 but I can see us getting 10 points.

Edited by rudemedic

So you can't see us getting much from the bottom of the table, and 2 other teams likely to struggle for the whole season, who are both below us and 1 who we spanked having made a few changes in the JPT, away and MK Dons at home, who are far from the force they were a few years ago.

We have 4 eminently winnable games in the league, 5 if you count Bradford at home too, coming up. #therunstartshere *

With the players we've got we should win at least 2 of the next 4, but I just can't see it, mainly because we just can't defend, especially away from home. And 3 of the next 4 are away from home. If we don't stop giving stupid goals away, away from home, then we're going to really struggle to survive.

Who's he? I'm BoundaryBulldog.

Another person who thinks the sun shines out of Steve Eyre's arse saying he's a great coach etc.... Ironically calling for Johnson's head saying Eyre wasn't given enough time at the dale.

Edited by OAFC_Ryan

Another person who thinks the sun shines out of Steve Eyre's arse saying he's a great coach etc.... Ironically calling for Johnson's head saying Eyre is a great coach who wasn't given enough time at the dale.

I've not seen that guys comments on here. Steve Eyre has got a sky-high reputation as one of the best coaches in England. He spent nearly 20 years at Manchester City as Youth Team and Reserve Team Manager. You don't work at a club like that for two decades unless you're top-quality.

I admire your optimism and hope you are correct but stats will tell you we have only 3 points from 7 away games and are averaging just slightly more than a goal a game at home.

We never seem to beat the bottom teams and Bristol who haven't won at home yet are bloody nailed on to break the duck on Saturday.

We have been unlucky with injuries at the back and that hasn't helped but unless we stop conceding poor goals and become more ruthless up top it's going to be a long hard season.

I hope LJ can turn it around and get us up in the top half come January but the early season optimism is fast diminishing........I cannot believe a team capable of turning in a performance like we saw at Preston can to date have lost 6 from 7 on their travels.

Plenty of time yet to sort it out but another defeat on Saturday will leave us on 14 points, and with a third of the season gone that would be relegation form!

I admire your optimism and hope you are correct but stats will tell you we have only 3 points from 7 away games and are averaging just slightly more than a goal a game at home.

We never seem to beat the bottom teams and Bristol who haven't won at home yet are bloody nailed on to break the duck on Saturday.

We have been unlucky with injuries at the back and that hasn't helped but unless we stop conceding poor goals and become more ruthless up top it's going to be a long hard season.

I hope LJ can turn it around and get us up in the top half come January but the early season optimism is fast diminishing........I cannot believe a team capable of turning in a performance like we saw at Preston can to date have lost 6 from 7 on their travels.

Plenty of time yet to sort it out but another defeat on Saturday will leave us on 14 points, and with a third of the season gone that would be relegation form!

What happens if we lose the next 4? 3 of the next 4 are away and our away form is dreadful. The home game against MK Dons certainly won't be easy.

No one is calling for LJs head, just that Steve Eyre is just the type to work alongside him...LJ is more enthusiasm and theories while Eyre sees it as it is.

I wouldn't say that Lee Johnson is 'enthusiastic'. Apparently he never had his hands out of his pockets, last night, except on 2 occasions when he was pointing his finger in the face of Fotheringham and the 4th official. I'd say that Johnson is more confrontational and un-moved stance rather than 'enthusiasm', with a bit of post-match bull:censored: for the fans. Murray looks like he's positioning for Madame Tussords. He is useless. Edited by BoundaryBulldog

Honest question but what would an assistant add that LJ doesn't currently add apart from an extra wage?

I'm still uncertain whether another coach is needed but more so a creative midfielder

He would add a down to earth view and in depth analysis to counteract LJ statements in the Chron like "I don't know what was wrong with them" .

One of the current staff would have to go to make room.

Edited by BP1960

He would add a down to earth view and in depth analysis to counteract LJ statements in the Chron like "I don't know what was wrong with them"

That's what most football managers say regardless of age, experience and badges...you do all the training, issue all the tactics but then occasionally the players fail to follow them through to the letter. From what you're suggesting a more seasoned coach would achieve where LJ is failing so why keep LJ?

IMHO I think the need for an experienced assistant isn't necessary and would be a waste of resources. LJ's getting them playing some great football but (a) the strikers aren't converting chances so we need to stick with two from the four to allow them to gel..and (B) we're conceding goals because we have a makeshift defence or relying heavily on Tarkowski so need to bring in reinforcements, which he is doing.

Still not convinced that an experienced assistant will add any value but in fact undermine LJ's own position.

Have anyone in mind BP....?!

anyone but billy quarmby, he will take over this club one day... job promotion afte promotion, he's had more promotions then latics ourselves! fair play to the lad though seems to wok his socks off and doing a job he loves Edited by kieranmcandrew

As soon as Steve Eyre went to Huddersfield Town, after Lee Clark's amazing 43-game unbeaten run shuddered to a halt, he went in there with Simon Grayson, helped them get to Wembley and they got promoted. Mainly because of his first-class coaching. He then took over as Caretaker Manager after Grayson was sacked, winning 2, drawing 2 and losing one, against some top Championship teams including Cardiff and Leicester. He continues to do a great job as Mark Robins' 1st Team Coach. A few of you lot mention Rochdale. Do me a favour! I bet he doesn't even tell anyone he's even gone shopping there. Tonight he delivered a masterclass in football analysis.

According to Huddersfield Town's website Eyre is their Senior Professional Development Coach. Posh name for a Youth Coach? http://www.htafc.com/team/staff-profiles/

He would add a down to earth view and in depth analysis to counteract LJ statements in the Chron like "I don't know what was wrong with them" .

One of the current staff would have to go to make room.

Dickov, Taggart, Duxbury, Clipboard, and Gerrard have left the club, while Johnson has brought in Murray, Mimms, and Steele. There maybe is room for Johnson to bring in an addition to his backroom staff - if he wants to!

That's what most football managers say regardless of age, experience and badges...you do all the training, issue all the tactics but then occasionally the players fail to follow them through to the letter. From what you're suggesting a more seasoned coach would achieve where LJ is failing so why keep LJ?

IMHO I think the need for an experienced assistant isn't necessary and would be a waste of resources. LJ's getting them playing some great football but (a) the strikers aren't converting chances so we need to stick with two from the four to allow them to gel..and (B) we're conceding goals because we have a makeshift defence or relying heavily on Tarkowski so need to bring in reinforcements, which he is doing.

Still not convinced that an experienced assistant will add any value but in fact undermine LJ's own position.

Mids, exactly my viewpoint. Couldn't have put it better myself