Bristol City Thoughts

Alright chaps and chapesses

Going to this on saturday, hopefully we can make up for tuesday which sounded dreadful.

For me, I'd go with Rooney and JCH up front with 2 wingers, good mix of pace, power and height upfront (most of that JCH in all honesty) but away from home I think that would be good. Have these 2 started together in any other games than derby? In that all I remember is JCH running away from Rooney but I'm sure LJ bollocked him for that.

I'd also give monty a go, we saw in pre season what he can do after a run of games, he really is a confidence player. I think after a few games he could be quality but he needs the chance to build on it, not the odd performance here and there.

He's also probably our best player on the counter, and away from home, you need that.

Hopefully this will be 3 points, if we lose to bottom of the league twice in 5 days I think OWTB will have a meltdown.

Who's going?

Edited by Aaron Howarth

Going to this on saturday, hopefully we can make up for tuesday which sounded dreadful.

For me, I'd go with Rooney and JCH up front with 2 wingers, good mix of pace, power and height upfront (most of that JCH in all honesty) but away from home I think that would be good. Have these 2 started together in any other games than derby? In that all I remember is JCH running away from Rooney but I'm sure LJ bollocked him for that.

I'd also give monty a go, we saw in pre season what he can do after a run of games, he really is a confidence player. I think after a few games he could be quality but he needs the chance to build on it, not the odd performance here and there.

He's also probably our best player on the counter, and away from home, you need that.

Hopefully this will be 3 points, if we lose to bottom of the league twice in 5 days I think OWTB will have a meltdown.

Who's going?

Would've been the most local game of the season for me, but I'm back in Devon so I'm going to Pompey Vs Exeter with my brother and mates instead.

Reckon I'll have a bacon sarnie at home, then set off for Paddington.

I'll probably get through four cans on the train, plus a sausage roll or pork pie or such and a coffee.

All bets are off for how much I get through before the game, but I'll ease whatever it is off by drinking soft drinks and having a pie at the match, which we'll win 1-3 (JCH starts and bags a brace, Dayton gets the other from distance).

Probably head back towards the Knights Templar afterwards so I can be poured easily back onto the train when the time comes. Hopefully pick up some cans for the journey, or something out of which to fashion a deeply unwise cocktail or two. (Spirits are better than pints because I'll be full as an egg by then.)

What happens when we get to Paddington at 10.15 pm? :censored:ty pub across the road probably. Something with coke so I've got the wherewithal to stop all the sticky-fingered cockernies from pilfering my belongings on the night bus home.

LJ's thoughts in the Brizzle press:

"City fans may have given me stick, but I bet they'd like their side to have my win ratio at this moment in time!"

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-midfielder-Lee-Johnson-Oldham-play/story-20012257-detail/story.html

Christ if I was LJ I wouldn't brag too much about our win ratio of 4 in 14!! Admittedly it's better than Bristol's but if they beat us ( and I reckon that's nailed on ) and then win their game in hand they will go above us in the table.

Christ if I was LJ I wouldn't brag too much about our win ratio of 4 in 14!! Admittedly it's better than Bristol's but if they beat us ( and I reckon that's nailed on ) and then win their game in hand they will go above us in the table.

I read it as his win ratio from when he played for them, could be worng though and I agree bragging about 4/14 aint to clever.

"It's never been in my make up to put men behind the ball and play for a draw and try and nick a win."

Well, what the piss was Wolves all about then...

Maybe it's a double bluff and we'll park the bus to try and nick a 1-0 win & this time it'll work. Edited by HarryBosch

Who's going?

I will be going but without much confidence that we will get anything from the game. Still a couple of pints in the Pump House should make it more palatable...

Big side in waiting. They are the sort of team that could run through the league now the monkey is off their backs. Jay Emmanuel Thomas is a player that I considered to have the potential to make the grade at Arsenal. SO'D is a manager who plays the right way and they could now go 20 games unbeaten.

We could get pummelled. Cue a 1-0 victory with JCH bundled winner.