Bristol City Thoughts

Ive gone for 3-1 Bristol City

1 down early on, concede a 2nd before half time.

We pull one back after a lot of pressure on 70 ish and should try to kick on. They get a 3rd on the counter 5 mins later.

Can't wait!

Can't say I'm confident, but am making a weekend of it down in Cardiff and Brizzle and bringing a couple of stragglers to pop their Latics cherry, so a result would just be a bonus!!

I hope our modest following makes the usual away game racket. Last away game I went to was Rovrum, and that was feckin loud!

Was chatting to a couple of Brizzle City ST holders (sensible ones that are honest about their team) at work an hour ago. They reckon we've got every chance of a result. Their analysis of Bristol City was:

Pass the ball well and can string 20 passes together, but then haven't a clue what to do with it.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas is bone idle and only gets involved when he feels like it, but can then do something special

They can't last beyond the 75 or 80 minute mark and can be there for the taking in the last 10 or 15 minutes

Defence gives away sloppy goals (I've heard that about another team somewhere)

Felt that Carlisle helped them with schoolboy defending last Saturday (I've heard that somewhere else as well)

Doesn't expect them to get above mid table at best this season

The new loan signings might make a difference but doesn't know yet

They're not "Main Stand Moaner" types of people, but are very honest, good or bad, about the team they have supported for donkey's years and reckon that this season they are worse than last season.

By 4:55 or so tomorrow we will know how right or wrong they are.

If you had said that Tarks missing a game 12 months ago was a disaster , you would have been in a very small minority . Compliment to how he has matured and kept both his form & fitness. At least he returns tomorrow.

The various wide players have been a bitter disappointment after a bright start , the decision to get rid of Lee Croft may have been down to finances , but he is sadly missed.

Add in out best footballers Baxter & Simpson having departed, leaving us with a very average team .

All the coaching badges in the world do not prepare anyone for the inconsistent nature of players at our level , let's hope the manager can get the team to show some steel away from home .

Let's hope it isn't 7 successive away games .

Amazing what one game can do. Many werr purring after Saturday, we lose one game and suddenly we're going to be thumped by the league's bottom side who haven't won at home since 1066.

Not saying we'll definitely win by any means but if we can't go there without even thinking of a shot of a win then where can we go?

Amazing what one game can do. Many werr purring after Saturday, we lose one game and suddenly we're going to be thumped by the league's bottom side who haven't won at home since 1066.

Not saying we'll definitely win by any means but if we can't go there without even thinking of a shot of a win then where can we go?

Quite correct JSS, There is no point turning up as a player in any game or even as a supporter without the hope and anticipation of a victory, Brizzle 1-5 OAFC KTF

Scorers Sidney 4 (out of 18 open goals) and Tarky at both ends!

I expect a reaction to the poor performance on Tuesday.

We're at the judge me after.....xx games aren't we? Points are essential now.

Although I still believe at this stage the LJ should be given a few seasons, there has to be at some point in the up and coming season were we say oh ho....not again and can he/the squad do it

Currently I am entertained by our footy even when we are grinding out the results. Now it's time for these kids, yes kids to man up, get a grip, and get the results.

Time for LJ bar injuries, to stick to his starting eleven especially the front two, and let the others fight to get into the squad

It's going to be very interesting......we' never bored are we...