Do you agree with LJ?

From the article today on the website, cited, 'Clucas is one to watch'

LJ is quoted saying: 'I don't see much difference between ourselves and Mansfield' .... 'The gap between leagues one and two isn't great, certainly outside the top six in league one and bottom six in league 2' ... 'And when you look at the finances and what Mansfield have spent on players, may we be the underdogs'

Bit pessimistic if I say so. Discuss

LJ is quoted saying: 'I don't see much difference between ourselves and Mansfield' .... 'The gap between leagues one and two isn't great, certainly outside the top six in league one and bottom six in league 2' ... 'And when you look at the finances and what Mansfield have spent on players, may we be the underdogs'

It's bollocks. And he knows it.

I don't believe much a manager says in the press to be honest.

It's all about results and performances for me. If Dave Penney would have said that he would have been crucified by people.

LJ has earned with recent performances some leeway. If we win 3-0 he can say he thinks we would get beaten to Dog and Partridge FC for me.

Edited by pukka

Basically he's keeping our players feet firmly on the ground and focusing minds to make sure we go out there with game faces on. He knows if we play at our best we will win he just has to make sure that happens. Also it's best he doesn't say anything that will get pinned on the opposition dressing room wall as a team talk.

Dare I ask what you'd have him say?

Fairly standard approach. Wouldn't mind betting that the pre-match team talk features something along the lines of they're in that division for a :censored:ing reason now go show 'em who's boss.