New Wingers in January

If Wes is the answer it's a bloody stupid question! He has been letting the team down for bloody ages, not just tonight against a 4th division team. Some people see 100% endeavour as a good shift, but if you cannot use the ball when you win it then its wasted. And by the way I am not reacting to tonight I said ages ago when we had Wes and Furman that we would get nowhere with those 2

Jesus Christ, Wes has been one of the better players this season. Yes, he may not have bagged goals and what not, but you need to appreciate the work he does along side Smith in that midfield, winning balls and distributing them.

He's been liberated to do more since Furman left.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus Christ, Wes has been one of the better players this season. Yes, he may not have bagged goals and what not, but you need to appreciate the work he does along side Smith in that midfield, winning balls and distributing them.

He's been liberated to do more since Furman left.

Your point where you feel the need to 'tag' him along with Korey Smith proves that it then becomes less than valid! WTF has Smith who is awesome got to do with him?

Provided QPR are willing we can keep Petrasso until May, don't see why they shouldn't be he is progressing more with us than he would be in their reserves.

Mellor did quite well tonight, would have hated to see Schmeltz play tonight as their number 7 and Talbot would have torn him and Grounds a new one. As it was Mellor and Grounds did OK against them and were beginning to come out on top at 90 minutes.

Winchester can easily play wide right if required, as can Philliskirk, JCH can play wide left too.

Plus, why do we have to play with wingers 3-5-2 has worked for quite a few teams this season, we have the defenders for the 3 at the back too.

No-one knows how bad Dayton is hurt, OK people seeing him in a protective boot and on crutches, is worrying but if I was employing professional footballers I'd be likely to insist on similar measures with minor ankle/foot injuries.

As for our number 11, whilst he isn't getting paid at the moment who is to say we won't have to pay him what we would be paying him now in the future.

Wrong because it doesn't work! If you needed proof it was there to see tonight.

8 previous games before tonight, and the numourous games before that, both at the start of this season and the end of last.

If it didn't work, why would LJ have kept the same central midfield pairing for the past 8 months? He's not stupid, being a central midfield player himself i'm sure he'd be the first to spot a failing midfield pairing.

8 previous games before tonight, and the numourous games before that, both at the start of this season and the end of last.

If it didn't work, why would LJ have kept the same central midfield pairing for the past 8 months? He's not stupid, being a central midfield player himself i'm sure he'd be the first to spot a failing midfield pairing.

Perhaps LJ should sit in my seat then.

You seem to constantly require reference from others quoting Smith and now LJ, discuss the facts! Wes treats the ball 'as a hot potato' that is not a bad attribute for a centre half or even a full back but look up the definition of a midfield player. I am sure that you will find it involves a 50/50 mix of defensive strength and attacking creativity; QED by definition it is! Attacking creativity 'my ass!' he has been conning people, by his chasing and harassing, which are not in doubt, but attack wise, we have now faced division 4 teams and he has done little to justify his wage. If you and others are fooled by him then so be it, but I am not! Go involve another in your next reply because you will not win this discussion on facts! (Oh and don't mention his 1 shot on target in the last 2 years)

Plus, why do we have to play with wingers 3-5-2 has worked for quite a few teams this season, we have the defenders for the 3 at the back too.

No-one knows how bad Dayton is hurt, OK people seeing him in a protective boot and on crutches, is worrying but if I was employing professional footballers I'd be likely to insist on similar measures with minor ankle/foot injuries.

As for our number 11, whilst he isn't getting paid at the moment who is to say we won't have to pay him what we would be paying him now in the future.

It could work if one of the 3 steps into midfield when we're attacking to act as a sweeper between defence and attack. FL show did decent analysis (for once) on it when Exeter(?) used it. They left it as 3 at the back meaning they had one less in attack and had 3 players marking one player. Provided we don't employ it as they did we have the players to use it, especially given the wingers situation.

With Montano, isn't he on bail until April? I'd presume the club wouldn't play him until whatever conclusion comes of the allegations? So that would leave us his wage for the next 4 months...

You seem to constantly require reference from others quoting Smith and now LJ, discuss the facts! Wes treats the ball 'as a hot potato' that is not a bad attribute for a centre half or even a full back but look up the definition of a midfield player. I am sure that you will find it involves a 50/50 mix of defensive strength and attacking creativity; QED by definition it is! Attacking creativity 'my ass!' he has been conning people, by his chasing and harassing, which are not in doubt, but attack wise, we have now faced division 4 teams and he has done little to justify his wage. If you and others are fooled by him then so be it, but I am not! Go involve another in your next reply because you will not win this discussion on facts! (Oh and don't mention his 1 shot on target in the last 2 years)

It's all Paul Dickov's fault.

No point saying anything, you're hate for Wes is obviously unchangeable.

:petesake:

This place isn't half funny.

Strange how there were no posters rushing to knock Wes when results were picking up in the league, and he was picking up MOTM awards.

He misses a game on Saturday, that we inturn miss him during; and comes back in tonight - 1 very dissapointment result later and boom - here they are again.

Strange that...

Strange how there were no posters rushing to knock Wes when results were picking up in the league, and he was picking up MOTM awards.

He misses a game on Saturday, that we inturn miss him during; and comes back in tonight - 1 very dissapointment result later and boom - here they are again.

Strange that...

Wes had a good game last night too. Despite one or two passes that went astray he was throwing himself into everything. Our best player in our decent run.

Strange that...

I agree he played ok, unfortunately Smith had an off night, my problem is when both play too deep as last night.

Edited by BP1960