at the time we were handing out two year deals I thought great a new approach, now I'm thinking how do we get some of these off the books.

from the final whistle at an field i,ll be wondering what's left of the season for us. having said that I,ll be at port ale on the 18th of jan come what may, supporting oldham is like a bird who cheats on you every week but you keep having her back

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at the time we were handing out two year deals I thought great a new approach, now I'm thinking how do we get some of these off the books.

from the final whistle at an field i,ll be wondering what's left of the season for us. having said that I,ll be at port ale on the 18th of jan come what may, supporting oldham is like a bird who cheats on you every week but you keep having her back

"Port Ale" sort of sums up where I'll be then too.

Although I disagree with you sometimes you certainly know your stuff. It's low risk and low cost, I can't see what harm it would do.

...and just what makes you think it's low cost? And therefore a low risk?

Even at his level, that lad will most likely be on a comparable wage to a decent chuck of our squad - and Halifax have been directly quoted in saying it will take a very decent fee for them to sell.

Far from a low cost, low risk. Not saying he might not be worth it; but his like are not the rose tinted cheap savours some think they are...

Hard to judge off a handful of performances.

While we're on the subject of players who aren't good enough, what about David 'double amputee' Mellor?

Best second full back in the league. One half of the worst left sided pairing I've ever seen at BP.

Still bewildered as to how he kept his place in the starting line up after Brentford.

And can someone explain to me how he was back on dead ball duties after Tuesday?

so out of 11 players who played god awful today, you have chosen a young lad breaking into the game and didn't play well but wasn't our worst player by a long stretch... tarky, smith, rooney, Plummer were all worse - even tarky admitted to being :censored: today

so out of 11 players who played god awful today, you have chosen a young lad breaking into the game and didn't play well but wasn't our worst player by a long stretch... tarky, smith, rooney, Plummer were all worse - even tarky admitted to being :censored: today

Why choose to name just those out of the 11? Bit harsh.

...and just what makes you think it's low cost? And therefore a low risk?

Even at his level, that lad will most likely be on a comparable wage to a decent chuck of our squad - and Halifax have been directly quoted in saying it will take a very decent fee for them to sell.

Far from a low cost, low risk. Not saying he might not be worth it; but his like are not the rose tinted cheap savours some think they are...

The fee wouldn't be massive and I doubt the wages would be massive, Monty and Sid will have freed up a good amount. Maybe there could be a clause that if it doesn't work out he can go back to Halifax. Looking at the free-agents list and nobody catches my eye.

He has looked massively out of his depth every game.

The fee wouldn't be massive and I doubt the wages would be massive, Monty and Sid will have freed up a good amount. Maybe there could be a clause that if it doesn't work out he can go back to Halifax. Looking at the free-agents list and nobody catches my eye.

I reckon sly is right. Somebody who has scored almost a goal per game could warrant a fee of £150-£250k at that level, depending on the demand I reckon and then at least £1,000 per week.

I'd hardly call 40 appearances since 2011 'breaking into the game'.

I didn't realise it would be that much, I apologise!

No need for an apology mate. I just reckon that a club demanding a decent fee, would want at least that.

Leicester had to pay £1m for Jamie Vardy from Fleetwood (when they were in the conference) 2 years ago.

The fee wouldn't be massive and I doubt the wages would be massive, Monty and Sid will have freed up a good amount.

Montaño has become a legal bill. If I was club accountant I'd assume that we will either have to pay off his contract or pay a solicitor to defend the sacking.

Sid has 18 months left. I doubt it will be cheap to get rid.

Montaño has become a legal bill. If I was club accountant I'd assume that we will either have to pay off his contract or pay a solicitor to defend the sacking.

Sid has 18 months left. I doubt it will be cheap to get rid.

"Mutual Consent"

We'll pay you six months upfront to :censored: off now.

"Mutual Consent"

We'll pay you six months upfront to :censored: off now.

Seriously???

I wouldn't piss on the cheating bastard if he was on fire, let alone give him another penny.

They should pay a good barrister to send a very strongly worded letter, stating that the silly :censored: is bang to rights on his own video show and if he wants to chance a court case, we will sue him for his transfer fee and other costs. That would probably make the scumbag see some sense!

Just seen on instagram that he doesn't seem to have been spoken to. Some lad told him not to leave because he is loved etc and he replied with: "why would u think I'm gona leave Oldham?". Of course he may be playing dumb but if not it's a rubbish way to get told your surplus to requirments 3rd hand. He has been posting a lot of his daughter and him playing in Holland recently also, so I reckon homesickness is probably the most likely reason hes on the chopping block.