• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the same team that lost once in the last eight before last weekend ( and that was on penalties) and now some on here are saying get rid of half the squad.

Today was as :censored: as I've seen it for a long time but it was just a bad day at the office.

Talk about knee jerk.

This is the same team that lost once in the last eight before last weekend ( and that was on penalties) and now some on here are saying get rid of half the squad.

Today was as :censored: as I've seen it for a long time but it was just a bad day at the office.

Talk about knee jerk.

Yep.

This.

Young side in off day shocker eh?

Talk about knee jerk.

Said same myself yesterday, it's a bad day and we need to get over it.

There are however, a few players not up to it IMO.

Talk about knee jerk.

Plus, it's Christmas. A time of cheer and joy...

Seriously???

I wouldn't piss on the cheating bastard if he was on fire, let alone give him another penny.

They should pay a good barrister to send a very strongly worded letter, stating that the silly :censored: is bang to rights on his own video show and if he wants to chance a court case, we will sue him for his transfer fee and other costs. That would probably make the scumbag see some sense!

You got me wrong, I was taking about Sidney.

Monty has already gone.

LJ's a bit of a :censored: for coming out saying this to the media.

If he wants to get rid it should be sorted out behind the scenes, then you release a statement.

But stating your intentions of axing a current member of the playing staff to the media is just down right disrespectful and the sort of thing I'd expect Paulo Di Canio to do.

Even Montano was given more respect than this.

Edited by PlayItLivo

If he wants to get rid it should be sorted out behind the scenes, then you release a statement.

But stating your intentions of axing a current member of the playing staff to the media is just down right disrespectful and the sort of thing I'd expect Paulo Di Canio to do.

Reading on twitter last night, the story was hijacked from the local press.

I'd wait for it to come out in local sources / website first.

It's an interesting one.

I'm uncomfortable with the tweet about Mellor at Brentford.

The Sidney things sounds like Sky bugging a private chat between Matt Chambers and LJ. Whether it was for publication or not isn't clear.

But sometimes managing a player through the press (or social media) can get a positive reaction. It's a risky strategy though.

It's an interesting one.

I'm uncomfortable with the tweet about Mellor at Brentford.

The Sidney things sounds like Sky bugging a private chat between Matt Chambers and LJ. Whether it was for publication or not isn't clear.

But sometimes managing a player through the press (or social media) can get a positive reaction. It's a risky strategy though.

By the sounds of Keegan's tweet, it was something LJ said that would be printed on Monday by the Chron and MEN and was hijacked by another journalist. However, think LJ should have perhaps mentioned it to Smeltz before he said anything to ANY journalists, local or not...

However, think LJ should have perhaps mentioned it to Smeltz before he said anything to ANY journalists, local or not...

Totally agree with this.

If my boss thinks I'm :censored: and like him to tell me. And tell me what I heed to do to not be :censored:.

I am comfortable with the assessment the Sidney is :censored: though.

Unless it's something off the pitch, what I've seen of Sidney so far doesn't warrant getting rid. Of course he's nowhere near the finished article, but you wouldn't expect him to be here if he was. He's settling in to a new country and shows real pace & skill in patches - better decision-making and end product will come with experience, game time & confidence. . Can't understand why he's been left out recently, given our problems scoring/creating at home especially. The bench with only Millar and kids on as attacking options is worrying...

LJ should be sending Plummer back and working out what's wrong with Rooney before thinking about ditching Sidney already. And not even mentioning it to journalists before he tells the player he;s on the way out.

And where was Kusunga yesterday?

Can't imagine he is being peddled so soon if it was just his performances .....if so he would not be alone.

Eighteen months on his contract for the manager & coaches to extract the potential they saw.

Managers need to spend as much as time and energy in finding out about the man , personality , attitude , off field issues , location move .....and not just how good someone is at 'keepy uppey'.

Can't imagine he is being peddled so soon if it was just his performances .....if so he would not be alone.

Eighteen months on his contract for the manager & coaches to extract the potential they saw.

Managers need to spend as much as time and energy in finding out about the man , personality , attitude , off field issues , location move .....and not just how good someone is at 'keepy uppey'.

You don't know how true that is, a top football manager I knew would always ask before signing a player "What's his vice" ?

Edited by BP1960

Just think it'd be a shame to let Sidney go when there's potential there, and he's still our player for another 18 months to get that out of him - doubt he's on a massive wage, and if it hasn't worked out by next season, let him go then. IMO, worth taking a chance unless he wants to go, and nothing really to lose by keeping him. Unless there's something criminal involved.

Remember how we let Orfeo Keizersweerd go too soon...