He needs service from wingers which he isn't getting.

That excuse doesn't wash anymore.

How about the corner that was perfect for him to head in a few yards from goal with 10/15 minutes to go today? He totally missed it...How does someone on his wages miss the ball altogether? Almost unchallenged? Sunday league mate.

Like Break The Silence says, he must have lead in his boots. I was over the moon when we signed him in the summer...I'm more miffed to why he is one of our top (probably the top earner) earners now and he simply does not put a shift in. Give me McDonald, Philliskirk or JCH over him every time!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He simply isn't mobile. But he does get zero service. Standard of crossing is terrible. Over hit, under hit or too floated every time.

I don't agree with this - a few ball's came into the box today that were just begging to be attacked and no one got near. He needs to create some chances himself.

Hoping the Liverpool game this season does for Rooney what it did for Smith last season!

I don't agree with this - a few ball's came into the box today that were just begging to be attacked and no one got near. He needs to create some chances himself.

Hoping the Liverpool game this season does for Rooney what it did for Smith last season!

I doubt it,different scenario to Smith (young hungry player eager to learn)I think the Birmingham fans would be having similar thoughts 2 years ago and here we are again.

Same usual bollocks Joe. People keep saying that we are playing him wrong... Put it on his head, he can't get there. Put it on the deck, he doesn't have the pace and every 50/50 ball today he lost.....he doesn't want it enough.

I think we are acting a little too hasty with Sid. Rome wasn't built in a day. This one could come back and bite us in the back like a Chris O'Grady type.

Schit happensh. Sounds like there's more to it than just being crap. I wish him well but we need a solution out wide especially with Dayton out, so moving things around to free up some wages for the second half of the season scheems schenschible.

Edited by lalalajpkalala

as much as I want our players to succeed I don't see it in Sid Sheffield latic, sadly he's not good enough

Hard to judge off a handful of performances.

While we're on the subject of players who aren't good enough, what about David 'double amputee' Mellor?

Best second full back in the league. One half of the worst left sided pairing I've ever seen at BP.

Still bewildered as to how he kept his place in the starting line up after Brentford.

And can someone explain to me how he was back on dead ball duties after Tuesday?

Edited by excharnwoodlatic

Same usual bollocks Joe. People keep saying that we are playing him wrong... Put it on his head, he can't get there. Put it on the deck, he doesn't have the pace and every 50/50 ball today he lost.....he doesn't want it enough.

I've used up my positive votes for the day but this is exactly where i'm at, to the letter. He wouldn't look any good partnering Suarez in Liverpool's team.

I've given him a chance, the season is almost halfway through. He's not up to it.

While we're on the subject of players who aren't good enough, what about David 'double amputee' Mellor?

Best second full back in the league. One half of the worst left sided pairing I've ever seen at BP.

Still bewildered as to how he kept his place in the starting line up after Brentford.

And can someone explain to me how he was back on dead ball duties after Tuesday?

He's a definite threat from set pieces. To those sat behind the goal.

I did wonder how, after Philliskirk's peach of a corner on Tuesday, Mellor took everyone today

I think it's time to delve into non-league and pick up some players, definitely capable and you know they'll be committed. The club missed a trick not listening to BP1960 about Watmore who is now at Sunderland.

In the Latics present situation I would now go for an experienced non league player, someone like Lee Gregory, who although 25 years of age would be keen to show he can score just as prolifically in the football league.

In the Latics present situation I would now go for an experienced non league player, someone like Lee Gregory, who although 25 years of age would be keen to show he can score just as prolifically in the football league.

Although I disagree with you sometimes you certainly know your stuff. It's low risk and low cost, I can't see what harm it would do.

I'm sure this has been asked before 1960, but do you forward your suggestions onto the club?

Are they taken seriously?

There's a lot of :censored: in the lower leagues but every now and again a player catches your eye.

Edited by excharnwoodlatic

facepalm the players like Gregory?

My poor attempt at humour, the way I see it, we all have off days, complacency in the workplace happens, human beings do allsorts of things during the course of a day. But I genuinely feel no one person feels totally secure in their job.

I'm sure this has been asked before 1960, but do you forward your suggestions onto the club?

Are they taken seriously?

There's a lot of :censored: in the lower leagues but every now and again a player catches your eye.

In fairness an offer was made to me recently to scout for the club, but approaching 70 years of age I don't want to be gallivanting out any more.