LJ has said tonight according to Eurosport that he'll be on his way in jan. Also says that LJ's said he's not afraid to list other players quote ' I will shake it up and transfer-list people if I have to - I don't care who they are."

Bar obviously the woeful Plummer (possibly a career move needed for him) would you like to see anyone else leave.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-johnson-poised-wield-axe-183715847--sow.html

Edited by Oafc1895

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LJ has said tonight according to Eurosport that he'll be on his way in jan. Also says that LJ's said he's not afraid to list other players quote ' I will shake it up and transfer-list people if I have to - I don't care who they are."

Bar obviously the woeful Plummer (possibly a career move needed for him) would you like to see anyone else leave.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-johnson-poised-wield-axe-183715847--sow.html

Wonder if Rooney will be listed?

Edited by BP1960

He needs service from wingers which he isn't getting.

Dayton apart, the wingers haven't produced. Dayton even puts very few crosses in but he's still very dangerous and creates havoc when he cuts in and looks for passes to feet that he can work off. The way we play hasn't suited Rooney at all in terms of creating him chances but he's still been a decent player for us, working very hard every game I've seen and holding the ball up allowing us to get numbers forwards. I think too many of our fans think the only way a forward can contribute is by scoring goals - something he's chipped in with as well to be fair. He hasn't lived up to the ridiculous level of hype he got when he joined, but he's certainly contributed in the games he's played and is never short of effort.

Dayton apart, the wingers haven't produced. Dayton even puts very few crosses in but he's still very dangerous and creates havoc when he cuts in and looks for passes to feet that he can work off. The way we play hasn't suited Rooney at all in terms of creating him chances but he's still been a decent player for us, working very hard every game I've seen and holding the ball up allowing us to get numbers forwards. I think too many of our fans think the only way a forward can contribute is by scoring goals - something he's chipped in with as well to be fair. He hasn't lived up to the ridiculous level of hype he got when he joined, but he's certainly contributed in the games he's played and is never short of effort.

This.

He more often than not gets the ball down the middle of the park, from Oxley or Tarky et al. He should be getting it from both wings which never happens.

Unfortunately today Rooney produced none of this, I don't think the manager will be too pleased.

I wasn't there so i can't really comment but by all accounts it sounds like the vast majority of the team were well off their games today.

Only Lanzoni, Smith and Winchester escape my criticism, for some reason Winchester was made a scapegoat when he played quite well in the first half, if the manager wants to build the lads confidence it was a strange way of going about it.

Bar obviously the woeful Plummer (possibly a career ,roomove needed for him) would you like to see anyone else leave.

yes Rooney,Mellor,millar, an Winchester send them out on loan to stockport standard footy Edited by oafc21

genuinely shocked with this about Sidney

He has shown in parts that he has real ability, and real pace which is a massive bonus for the team.

I know his defending has been suspect at times and the end product needs improvement, but he is 24, new country and environment also new to the English game.

Unless something major has gone off behind the scenes or he is homesick then i just do not see why he is being let go rather than work with him to improve and develop/polish off the good attributes he has to become more effective.

Even just as someone who can carry the ball forwards for the team or as an outlet over the top for a quick break in on goal, he is worth having.

We definately haven't shown belief in him or given him the opportunity to improve and develop himself and feel valued in the team, what 3 starts?

Just the player we needed today in that sort of game, get round the back of them etc and would be a threat at Anfield

Interested as to the reasons - *awaits the 'because he's :censored:' standard replies - he is not ':censored:' evidently he is better than that, not as effective as he could be but certainly a good weapon to have around in the team.

Again unless something major or just homesick then I am just starting to doubt LJ, definately a good player being let go here..........