Liam Dickinson

He was training with us one morning, signed a short term deal at County by the afternoon.

He's played a few times for them. Not noticed his name on the scorers for County.

My guess is well wait for the transfer window now before bringing anybody in.

Edited by opinions4u

Barnard hasn't really lost form like Dickinson have, they're not really comparable situations. Barnard just doesn't get a look in at Southampton, no shame in that, if a team in League One signed him permanently, once he'd settled in he'd bang in the goals.

His loan spell here wasn't bad tbf, I'd take him up front for sure. He's a quality striker at this level.

If we got Barnard on loan til the end of the season he may score 10, though the service would need to improve to the forwards.

LJ may have a sneaky try to get Paddy Madden from Yeovil?

I think we could do with some impetus in 3 key areas:

A Wes type midfield player, for whilst he's out injured.

A good winger, who can supply a

Born goal scorer

Edited by stevesidg

If we got Barnard on loan til the end of the season he may score 10, though the service would need to improve to the forwards.

LJ may have a sneaky try to get Paddy Madden from Yeovil?

I think we could do with some impetus in 3 key areas:

A Wes type midfield player, for whilst he's out injured.

A good winger, who can supply a

Born goal scorer

Why would Madden want to play for Johnson's son? Isn't he trying to get rid?

Yep - i begin to question a players real motivation when he appears content to merely pick up a wage without doing the very thing he's being paid to do - namely play football.

Lee Barnard is not going to force his way into the Saints 1st team. Ahead of him are Lambert, Rodriguez, Lallana, Osvaldo, Gaston Ramierez, Guly Do Prado. Even Billy Sharpe, who is out on loan, would be ahead of him.

He should be out - playing football - for somebody.

I'd like it to be for us, as whilst he didnt pull up too many trees when he was with us, he was let down by the general team play.

But - if its the fact that he's quite happy merely training and playing reserve football - i'd prefer us to go for a slightly more motivated to play striker?

Yep - i begin to question a players real motivation when he appears content to merely pick up a wage without doing the very thing he's being paid to do - namely play football.

Lee Barnard is not going to force his way into the Saints 1st team. Ahead of him are Lambert, Rodriguez, Lallana, Osvaldo, Gaston Ramierez, Guly Do Prado. Even Billy Sharpe, who is out on loan, would be ahead of him.

He should be out - playing football - for somebody.

I'd like it to be for us, as whilst he didnt pull up too many trees when he was with us, he was let down by the general team play.

But - if its the fact that he's quite happy merely training and playing reserve football - i'd prefer us to go for a slightly more motivated to play striker?

On a different note Lee Barnard told me in the Printers Arms that Saddleworth would be a place were he could settle.

• 1 month later...