Lanzoni.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry your spot on with that he's done ok but won't be gutted if he goes. we're 18th an by 5pm Wednesday could be in the bottom 4

whats he got to do with our league position on weds ? he isn,t playing, but he has helped gain a few points , he is a quality player in this league

It's a bit annoying that just when we've started playing him in his best position, he's off.

He was also part of a system that we've finally found that seemed to be working and showing good signs. Yes, only two draws, but the gift goals and gaffes dried up, took two screamers to score against us, more midfield muscle with Tarky (imagine him, Smith and Wes in the midfield battle) and not an isolated central pair, and, with a bit more work, signs of a threat going forward - away goals, Petrasso improving, Rooney capable of running in behind the full-back more - or Dayton to play that position - and, by being stronger in midfield, more chance of one of them getting forward to support the big man JCH!

But Lanzoni is out.

He could put Grounds CB and Mellor or...........................Plummer............................. At left-back...

But he'll prob go back to 4-4-2 with Tarky dropping back and Dayton returning.

I just hope it doesn't fall right into the hands of a scrappy Shrewsbury team that will have watched the Colchester game with interest... Reach and Taylor the dangermen...

But in LJ I trust!

Dayton can play in 'the hole' with Mellor anchoring the midfield 3 and Smith box-2-box Petrasso & Rooney out wide.

Kusunga and Tarky resume their partnership and we score 10 goals in the next 3 games including a 3-3 draw at Anfield

So...

Oxley

Brown, Kusunga, Tarky, Grounds

Mellor

Rooney Smith Petrasso

Dayton

JCH

Yeah that could work, bit of flexibility and movement - as long as Smith isn't forced too deep - leaving Dayton isolated to be booted off the park!

If Winchester played instead of Mellor, him and Smith might swap. They played those roles for Wolves away in the league, and both actually played very well despite the tame defeat.

Although Smith isn't tall, he reads the game very well so could slot in to cover gaps in central defence as they appear - he might be better at this than the two kids, unless they are learning fast.

Latics gave him a chance and he took it, even though he was played out of position.

He has showed his strength while playing CB and now, some other club will benefit from that.

Gutting as it may be to lose him, Kusunga is just as good, if not better.
We will have to wait and see what Johnson can do when the transfer window re-opens.

Plenty more fish in the sea...he seemed happy here and it looks like his agent was pushing for a move..like Croft in the long term he may regret listening to these people.

True, BP..good luck to him, I hope that he has gone to a Championship club, rather than another League One club.

That's the gamble though...sign him up for longer when he arrived and he could have been :censored:e...sign him up for shorter and he plays well and gets signed up elsewhere.

Plenty more defenders in the world and hundreds wallowing around in lower leagues here and abroad ready to be tested in League One.

In LJ we trust

1006305_656276154400303_1557521461_n.jpg

Cliff looks excited.

Looks like another good time to bump this. The departure of Lanzoni may see Cliff getting some more game time, unfortunately he won't be allowed to play against the Scousers because we let him play for Scunny against Grimsby. I think he will do a good enough job in the meantime to allow us to bring in players elsewhere with Matteo's wages and the cup money.

Looks like another good time to bump this. The departure of Lanzoni may see Cliff getting some more game time, unfortunately he won't be allowed to play against the Scousers because we let him play for Scunny against Grimsby. I think he will do a good enough job in the meantime to allow us to bring in players elsewhere with Matteo's wages and the cup money.

There's no way cliff will get a game, tarky, kasunga and grounds are all ahead of him atm and I'd expect a new CH/LB in before Liverpool!

It's a strange one really. I didn't rate him ahead of Brown, Kusunga or even Winchester at RB, feeling he lets too many crosses into the box and struggles to find a forward pass; there were too many ocassions to count that he popped it back to Tarky without looking forward (I know he could maraud forward now and again).

However, I have been banging on about him being a CB to latics fans all season and when given his chance at Bramhall Lane took it with both hands.

Based on Lanzoni as a RB I'm not bothered, but as a CB it could be a bigger loss than those who haven't seen him play there actually think.

Edited by eyres_28

I wouldn't be surprised that if we could offload Cliff, we would do. We don't have any depth in defence though.

True, BP..good luck to him, I hope that he has gone to a Championship club, rather than another League One club.

Rumoured to be Crawley

If it's a Championship club fair enough, but Crawley - :censored:ing Crawley! Have they had some investment as their attendances are worse than ours?