Coventry 1-1 Latics: Post match reaction

Even first half. They threatened down our left a few times.

Some heavy challenges could have seen Fleck and Winchester seeing red, both escaping with yellows.

Korey, put your foot through the ball when a shooting chance arrives!

Lovely to go in ahead with a goal on half time.

They pushed us second half and were finding more and more space in front of the back four. They got the goal after a double substitution and looked like they were going to go on and win.

LJ left the tired JCH on, instead sacrificing Winchester for Millar. Kirk proved bothersome and provided a much needed outlet and also created space for the dangerous Petrasso. Last five minutes belonged to Latics with a series of corners, shots and real endeavour. Tarky was powering on to one that their keeper just finger tipped away.

It didn't come. A draw was a fair result.

Oxley 8

Brown 8 (10 for first half)

Grounds 7

Lanzoni 7

Kusunga 8

Smith 7

Winchester 8

Petrasso 8

Tarky 8

Rooney 8

JCH 7

Mellor 7

Millar 8

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even first half. They threatened down our left a few times.

Some heavy challenges could have seen Fleck and Winchester seeing red, both escaping with yellows.

Korey, put your foot through the ball when a shooting chance arrives!

Lovely to go in ahead with a goal on half time.

They pushed us second half and were finding more and more space in front of the back four. They got the goal after a double substitution and looked like they were going to go on and win.

LJ left the tired JCH on, instead sacrificing Winchester for Millar. Kirk proved bothersome and provided a much needed outlet and also created space force dangerous Petrasso. Last five minutes belonged to Latics with a series of corners, shots and real endeavour.

It didn't come. A draw was a fair result.

Oxley 8

Brown 8 (10 for first half)

Grounds 7

Lanzoni 7

Kusunga 8

Smith 7

Winchester 8

Petrasso 8

Tarky 8

Rooney 8

JCH 7

Mellor 7

Millar 8

Absolutely spot on this report

Hard earned point, really enjoyable game

just got back an yep a good point, thought the match tho was a bit dull an it was cold but good turnout again, I lost count of how many times smith misplaced a pass, j c h goal apart constantly falls over? an Liverpool fans on the radio coming home calling for Rodgers to go amazed me.

glad I'm an oldham fan were proper football fans

Coventry forum quotes:

"A draw was probably about a fair result, Oldham sounded like a horrible side from the school of Graham Westley"

"the cynical fouls and just general horribleness"

Jesus, after Fleck's attempted murder on Korey Smith we get that aimed at us!

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/40445-Oldham-Match-Thread/page21

Edited by opinions4u

Coventry forum quotes:

"A draw was probably about a fair result, Oldham sounded like a horrible side from the school of Graham Westley"

"the cynical fouls and just general horribleness"

Jesus, after Fleck's attempted murder on Korey Smith we get that aimed at us!

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/40445-Oldham-Match-Thread/page21

'Sounded like' tells it all, he wasn't even at the game.

Thought first half we held them comfortably even though they had more possession, as said Conor Brown i thought was immense 1st half, his positional sense was spot on, also he was talking across the line, he seems so much more confident and got forward with the ball on a couple of occasions. I think losing Matteo unbalanced us a little as Tarky played well just in front of the defence. A couple of good saves by the ox 2nd half, I am starting to think he is going to be a decent keeper. All in all a fair result, were we really that physical? after the assault on Korey anything after that looked tame.

Right.

A point away at (Northampton) Coventry is a good result.

BUT.

I'm getting sick and tired of this negative 4-5-1 formation.

Rooney is not a winger - Schemltz is. Tarkowski is not a holding midfielder - Rodgers is. JCH is not a target man - we don't have one, so why hoof from the back?

Injuries haven't helped but do we really need to start playing players out of position?

What happened to the 'we'll score more than you mentality' we were promised at the start of the season? I'd much rather watch a 3-2 defeat having had a real go than this negative 'park the bus' :censored:e Johnson seems to have adopted.

We don't play like the home team when we're at home and we're asking for a spanking when we play away. We need points on the board - draws won't keep us up.

Right.

A point away at (Northampton) Coventry is a good result.

BUT.

I'm getting sick and tired of this negative 4-5-1 formation.

Rooney is not a winger - Schemltz is. Tarkowski is not a holding midfielder - Rodgers is. JCH is not a target man - we don't have one, so why hoof from the back?

Injuries haven't helped but do we really need to start playing players out of position?

What happened to the 'we'll score more than you mentality' we were promised at the start of the season? I'd much rather watch a 3-2 defeat having had a real go than this negative 'park the bus' :censored:e Johnson seems to have adopted.

We don't play like the home team when we're at home and we're asking for a spanking when we play away. We need points on the board - draws won't keep us up.

Its all relative to who you play, many top attacking teams in Europe found themselves on the back foot against Barcelona.