Coventry 1-1 Latics: Post match reaction

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting how differently people view the game. I thought it was a decent enough away point and if we can improve our home form then we'll be OK.

I came away with a few thoughts:

- We were extremely lucky to go in one up

- Connor Brown was great (again) - he's been very good every time I've seen him this season, much improved.

- Tarkowski was lost playing just in front of defense. Often he didn't know who he should be picking up and there was a significant amount of confusion over who should head the high balls. Early signs to me are the formation will only work in a very small number of circumstances.

- Korey Smith has great leadership attributes, even when he doesn't have a good game. Today he was below par as far as an individual performance but I cannot question his work ethic and captaincy.

- Petrasso was bright at times but without any real end product.

- Could see their goal coming for at least 10 minutes - I'm not sure if we changed anything in that time to try and stop their full backs pushing so far forward but it didn't appear to me that we did.

- Rooney is not a right winger. No criticism of his at all but I'd rather not see our players played out of position.

- Injuries are hurting us at the moment (Dayton / Philliskirk)

It's interesting how differently people view the game. I thought it was a decent enough away point and if we can improve our home form then we'll be OK.

I came away with a few thoughts:

- We were extremely lucky to go in one up

- Connor Brown was great (again) - he's been very good every time I've seen him this season, much improved.

- Tarkowski was lost playing just in front of defense. Often he didn't know who he should be picking up and there was a significant amount of confusion over who should head the high balls. Early signs to me are the formation will only work in a very small number of circumstances.

- Korey Smith has great leadership attributes, even when he doesn't have a good game. Today he was below par as far as an individual performance but I cannot question his work ethic and captaincy.

- Petrasso was bright at times but without any real end product.

- Could see their goal coming for at least 10 minutes - I'm not sure if we changed anything in that time to try and stop their full backs pushing so far forward but it didn't appear to me that we did.

- Rooney is not a right winger. No criticism of his at all but I'd rather not see our players played out of position.

- Injuries are hurting us at the moment (Dayton / Philliskirk)

This.

Next month gets progressively harder. Shrewsbury and Stevenage need to bring at least 4 points to give us a spring board into the harder games.

I have confidence in LJ, the squad and Corney to offer the funds for players if needed, but despite this we are too close to the bottom 4 for comfort.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

It looks like we should have played the second half against ten men.

http://the-fa.com/9ZrHzT

JCH went down for a reason!

Coventry Citys Daniel Seaborne has been suspended for three matches with immediate effect after he admitted an FA charge of violent conduct.

The incident, which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video, occurred in or around the 42nd minute of his sides game against Oldham Athletic on 29 December 2013.

Edited by opinions4u

It was weird at the time.

It did look like there was contact - and whilst JCH was on the floor, Korey Smith was really animated with the ref.

I think JCH doesnt help himself though with how easily he goes down alot of the time. Boy who cried wolf with the ref on this occasion maybe?

It was weird at the time.

It did look like there was contact - and whilst JCH was on the floor, Korey Smith was really animated with the ref.

I think JCH doesnt help himself though with how easily he goes down alot of the time. Boy who cried wolf with the ref on this occasion maybe?

I only saw him go down. Not the contact.

My reaction was "get up you soft lump".

I suspect ref and lino thought the same.

The lad next to me said he saw him hit him in the face, I just saw JCH rolling around. Quite ironic considering we've been compared to a Graham Westley side by some Cov fans.

At the time I said to my lad, that he looked like he had his hands raised, but I wasn,t 100% sure. Off the ball incidents some times you get away with them. And to be fair the officials normally get wrong the incidents they see.

The lad next to me said he saw him hit him in the face, I just saw JCH rolling around. Quite ironic considering we've been compared to a Graham Westley side by some Cov fans.

True.

And then there's their manager moaning about Oxley not getting sent off despite the ball being in the stands by the time he threw himself over the keeper.