Would be interesting to hear why he wasn't able to play over Christmas but could today, am sure our resident medic will have the answers...

If you mean me, then his protective mask will have had to be custom-made. Plus, a protective mask will only offer so much protection, and as the bone heals with time the amount of protection it offers will be sufficient for Wes to play without putting himself at risk of a significant injury, think I saw something about him possibly losing the sight in that eye, which sounds eminently feasible.

If you mean me, then his protective mask will have had to be custom-made. Plus, a protective mask will only offer so much protection, and as the bone heals with time the amount of protection it offers will be sufficient for Wes to play without putting himself at risk of a significant injury, think I saw something about him possibly losing the sight in that eye, which sounds eminently feasible.

How many other medics have we on here?

In other words, he didn't fancy Shrewsbury at home but fancied playing at Anfield...