Bobby Collins

I'm sure I remember a game when Bobby Collins got into an altercation with an opposition player and took a swing at him, although I'm not sure whether he connected with the punch! Neither the referee or the linesman spotted the incident! Collins was about 5' 3'' and must have been 40 when he played for Latics.

soccer-football-league-division-three-ol

IIRC the last game I saw Bobby play for us was against Charlton at The Valley. Even though we lost 4-2, he was brilliant and was, I think, 41 years old. Also, I think that was the game where Charlton scored with one that went in through the side netting. Bobby was a fantastic signing for us. RIP Bobby, tiny man, massive star.

IIRC the last game I saw Bobby play for us was against Charlton at The Valley. Even though we lost 4-2, he was brilliant and was, I think, 41 years old. Also, I think that was the game where Charlton scored with one that went in through the side netting. Bobby was a fantastic signing for us. RIP Bobby, tiny man, massive star.

Gosh I remember that "goal". Absolute disgrace - though I always felt the Valley was a jinxed ground for us . Never saw us get anything but defeated!

I'm sure I remember a game when Bobby Collins got into an altercation with an opposition player and took a swing at him, although I'm not sure whether he connected with the punch! Neither the referee or the linesman spotted the incident! Collins was about 5' 3'' and must have been 40 when he played for Latics.

soccer-football-league-division-three-ol

That was against Rochdale.....Colin Bland ex Burnley centre half had been giving out all day....dirty bugger.....

If i remember right Collins came on ten minutes from end and....jumped two feet in the air and snotted him on the nose.....

Funniest thing i saw.....Bland on his back in the penalty area....

RIP. BOBBY.....

oh and he was player cioach then.......42 years old...