Latics v Man City on Wednesday

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we were half arsed to be honest.

I was looking to players like Connor Brown and Carl Winchester to impose themselves on the game. They didn't.

Anton Rodgers skimmed a post with a free kick and played a delightful chip to get out of a crowd of City defenders from 18 yards out, moving the ball 10 feet in the air and 6 yards forwards, alas coming to nothing. But he was ineffective.

Worrall showed some nice touches. Lockwood looked composed. Gosset the occasional nice touch but outmuscled.

Pritchard and Belezeka exposed for the first two goals. Rachubka suspect for a well struck third. Bove and Millar ineffective. We never really tested Plummer who was untroubled at centre half.

I think Jordy Mayifulia scored a hat-trick for them. Built like Tounkare, finishes like Palmer. Strong enough to lead our line.

Shortly after the final whistle LJ was seen looking mighty pissed off and heading for the dressing room. I don't expect our reserves to match City man for man. But we were outplayed across the pitch and players who should have immediate ambitions of holding down a first team place will, I think, see themselves moved out of the club if that's their attitude.

Poor.

Edited by opinions4u

I thought we were half arsed to be honest.

I was looking to players like Connor Brown and Carl Winchester to impose themselves on the game. They didn't.

Anton Rodgers skimmed a post with a free kick and played a delightful chip to get out of a crowd of City defenders from 18 yards out, moving the ball 10 feet in the air and 6 yards forwards, alas coming to nothing. But he was ineffective.

Worrall showed some nice touches. Lockwood looked composed. Gosset the occasional nice touch but outmuscled.

Pritchard and Belezeka exposed for the first two goals. Rachubka suspect for a well struck third. Bove and Millar ineffective. We never really tested Plummer who was untroubled at centre half.

I think Jordy Mayifulia scored a hat-trick for them. Built like Tounkare, finishes like Palmer. Strong enough to lead our line.

Shortly after the final whistle LJ was seen looking mighty pissed off and heading for the dressing room. I don't expect our reserves to match City man for man. But we were outplayed across the pitch and players who should have immediate ambitions of holding down a first team place will, I think, see themselves moved out of the club if that's their attitude.

Poor.

Thanks for the report. Hope you watched the last five minutes of the league cup game!

Thought Lockwood was brilliant tonight really stood out. Constantly talking to the back line encouraging the rest of the team looks a real captain pretty much in the same authority as Gregan. He didn't lose a header, could play on the deck and had a yard of pace on him! Think he could be what we are missing to stop conceding those silly goals.