Sat in main stand upper....

Not fit enough yet for 2 games so close after a long injury lay off...rather he not play tonight and not aggravate the injury so he can play the rest of the season!

Yeah me too, we missed him tonight, he did some of Harkins running for him on Saturday, Dayton wasn't able to do the same.

Even with Worrall back, i would still play Dayton on that wing.

For me our best team is:

Oxley

Brown Kusunga Tarkowski Grounds

Worrall Smith Wesolowski Dayton

Harkins

Charlie MacDonald

It seems obvious to me that we need at least one, ideally two strikers, to challenge Charlie up top and also another as a replacement for Rooney leaving the squad.

Then with Tarkowski leaving it looks like we may need another to slot in there or at least a full - back to slot in at LB and Grounds go back to centre - half, either way, we need at least three players in my eyes or it may be a struggle to stay up come the end of the season. That's not off the back of tonights result, which was obviously against a much better time, but to withstand the amount of games from now until the end, we need a larger squad.

After the first game at Stevenage I thought Dayton was going to be a terrific signing. He was so direct that day they took off their full back so as to avoid a sending off such was his dominance.

Where did that player go .. a goal against Vale is all I remember since , for me he appears to be going through the motions and is totally ineffective.

We need a big lad up front who Philli or MacDonald can play off, for me, playing Harkins behind a lone striker is not the answer.

Harkins has shown more guile playing wide in two games than Dayton has all season... Time to give him a rest when Worrall gets back to full fitness methinks.

I'm concerned about the Worrall groin injury, it's seems he' s going to really struggle to find full fitness.

I'm not he has been out injured for a decent amount of time, (his last game before coming here was 17th August). You aren't going to be able to come straight back in to playing 2 games in 4 days after that injury having only played 20 minutes beforehand. I fully expect him to start on Saturday.

I'm not he has been out injured for a decent amount of time, (his last game before coming here was 17th August). You aren't going to be able to come straight back in to playing 2 games in 4 days after that injury having only played 20 minutes beforehand. I fully expect him to start on Saturday.

Not sure about that rudemedic, has he come back from injury too early in the rush to get him into the team, that's my worry.

Edited by BP1960

Tried to give him the benifit of the doubt since the start of the season; but overall, he does flatter to deceive.

I hoped the Stevenage away performance was a marker. He was my MoTM that game and was almost unplaybale.

I fear it was a rare one-off rather than a marker though.

Too weak in the challenge. Doesnt beat a man for either pace or skill nearly enough; if at all. Rarely puts any sort of decent crosses in on a consistent basis; and his set pieces - corners especially - have been woefull really.

I said on another thread that Worrall performance in Saturday had shown him the way; but also taken his spot in the side.

Worrall, fitness wise is a risk playing games so close together, so there is still a need for Dayton.

He needs to buck up though; as when Worrall isnt playing, I'm not sure on current form, i'd have him in the side as the replacement.

Bumped into Worrall on the way out last night. Said he was stiff from the Peterborough game having just come back from injury but told Johnson he could play 20-30 mins if need be. Johnson said no.

He said he was gutted not to be playing.

Surely having him on the bench and bringing him on 20-30 minutes is better than Winchester coming on for the same period of time?

one of the most worrying aspects for me is the lack of depth in our squad on the back of home/away programmes is the largest in the league the reality is that after the 1st 11 there is nobody pushing for a start, the reserves last week were dire, if we lost 2 or 3 on the run in we could be in trouble.