What a cracking win

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off..well done the Latics for the win, the clean sheet and outplaying Swindon, in less than ideal conditions and a hotch-potch of a pitch.

Secondly..how awkward will it be for Johnson when Tarky comes back on loan next Saturday? Surely the back four of today will have to start, considering the solid display, not to mention the goal coming from Grounds.

First off..well done the Latics for the win, the clean sheet and outplaying Swindon, in less than ideal conditions and a hotch-potch of a pitch.

Secondly..how awkward will it be for Johnson when Tarky comes back on loan next Saturday? Surely the back four of today will have to start, considering the solid display, not to mention the goal coming from Grounds.

Nah we've just got some good cover.

From Swindon's forum:

'Firstly. Oldham were like a circus side. Giving the ball away, falling over the ball, missing kicks etc. They were no great shakes (apart from Stead who had some good touches when he came on). That said, they deserved the win'

For all those times we read opposition fans praising our passing, I much prefer seeing this after we beat them!

Only 3 teams from 13 had got points from Swindon away this season so that goes to show how impressive a result that is. Also, tremendous clean sheet with a 2 debut CBs.

Well pleased.

Edited by NewBlue

From Swindon's forum:

'Firstly. Oldham were like a circus side. Giving the ball away, falling over the ball, missing kicks etc. They were no great shakes (apart from Stead who had some good touches when he came on). That said, they deserved the win'.

Hope we play like a circus-side every week. Send in the clowns!

Nah we've just got some good cover.

I'm sorry, but Tarky is no longer a Latics player.

If he replaces, say, Lockwood, and Tarky drops a clanger or two..can you imagine the fans' reactions?

Maybe Wilson won't play, with it being against Bristol City.

13 points from top 6 - I know i've said it a few times and as always things need to go for us injuries etc but 6 points from MK and 4 from the other 2 would put us right in the mix surely..........

May as well aim for it at the very least, something to play for which although is a way off, is not impossible

What do we think we can get from next few games now after today? And beating posh last week?

Bristol c (h)

Mk dons (a)

Gillingham (h)

Mk dons (h)

I think it's realistic to be asking for 9 points

Don't know. Dons shipped late against Trannies today at home so fancy that one and subsequently home. Gills can be dangerous but still beatable. Brizzle, knowing us will do a job on us because we are expected to win, so yeah. 9 looks good to me.

Superb result and performance from the lads. It highlights how frustration can turn to elation in this game we love and the team we support.

I do hope some people aren't slightly disappointed because this win doesn't fit their argument.

That makes it 6pts out of 9pts against top eight opposition. That would be a fair return IF we were in the top eight.

Great win. Chuffed. A text from a mate at the game:

Lockwood and Wilson were superb. Thoroughly deserved that. Best side throughout. Big, big performance. Harkins was Decent too. Fullback didn't deal with him. His cross for the goal. Never seen wind like that in a pro game before. Even at Barrow. Only seen the ball do that in wind at Sunday League level.

great win that fantastic. Just what we needed after a week of frustration and over reaction. For the new defnders to come in and keep a clean sheet is great.

lets get some wins at home now and see where we finish if we keep taking 6 from 9 from decent sides mid table upwards is on the cards

fingers crossed for a win over bristol