Safe Standing At Britol City

Corney said that the stand can be extended at a later date to cover the full length of the pitch. The reason it doesn't is a cost factor as the existing flood lights would have had to have been removed.

In reality however, unless we make some real progress on the pitch and need to raise the ground capacity in the future, it will never happen.

I thought the plans had changed and it now does cover the length of the pitch?

Looks like it does from the building site too!

There is no decent or sensible argument against safe standing. It's fool proof. The only reason someone else would oppose it would be that they're so bothered about someone in a different part of the ground being vertical whilst they are sat down. If we did put one in, how big would the area be? Hold 200? 400? 600+?

one block behind the goal in the chaddy would be a start 400 seats so potential for 600 standing gotta be worth a go to try and get some atmosphere back.

I agree that would be the best place but how would you control/limit how many people went in that section? Would it have to be walled off with its own entrance or would there be freedom of movement between seating and standing?

if my memory serves me right walsall had a similar set up some years ago be interesting to know how it was policed maybe making it all ticket would help ? might be easier in main stand paddock where they could manage it easier or even small section of rre could be used soley for home standing fans ?

if my memory serves me right walsall had a similar set up some years ago be interesting to know how it was policed maybe making it all ticket would help ? might be easier in main stand paddock where they could manage it easier or even small section of rre could be used soley for home standing fans ?

Small sections not a bad shout. Holds 1600? Each rail holds 1.5 people so would increase the capacity to 2400. There can't be more than that who sit in the RRE. Demand would probably increase slightly but nothing drastic. Wouldn't have to move season ticket holders more than a couple of times a season.

The plans show it extending to the ends of the pitch, i.e. the goal line not the extent of the turf.

I think you'll find that it is roughly from the edge of 6 yard box.... Like I said if it had been the full length of the pitch Corney said the floodlights would have had to have been replaced.

I think you'll find that it is roughly from the edge of 6 yard box.... Like I said if it had been the full length of the pitch Corney said the floodlights would have had to have been replaced.

GF Plan

Site Plan

It stretches beyond the 6 yard area. It looks to me about 2000mm in from the extent of the turf, putting it around the dead ball line.

Anyway the point was that it's not short enough to be extended. It could only theoretically be extended upwards or by adding a corner section, neither of which will be necessary.

GF Plan

Site Plan

It stretches beyond the 6 yard area. It looks to me about 2000mm in from the extent of the turf, putting it around the dead ball line.

Anyway the point was that it's not short enough to be extended. It could only theoretically be extended upwards or by adding a corner section, neither of which will be necessary.

The images of the Stand with the Planning Application don't correspond with the GF Plan. IIRC the proposed Stand was extended to line-up with the end of the pitch, after consultation on the draft plans.

http://planningpa.oldham.gov.uk/online-applications/files/1518CE0947B643AAA6B758CFF9F41D30/pdf/PA_333100_12-DESIGN_AND_ACCESS_STATEMENT-1466072.pdf

I dont think there's any real point in rail seats unless you have designs on playing in European competition - and even then there's other ways of doing it (Schalke dont have rail seats but can still put the seats in when needed). You can have a 'safe' terrace without them, it is however probably the only way of us getting standing in this country without the mong majority flipping out.