Acknowledgement of fans

It seems all German clubs do that. I went to Berlin and watched Hertha BSC at the Olympiastadion. After a scratchy 1-0 win over St Pauli the players came and lined up, linking arms in front of the ostkurve (their 'kop') whilst the Hertha fans serenaded them with a rendition of Rod Stewart's We Are Sailing.

Crazy Germans.

It seems all German clubs do that. I went to Berlin and watched Hertha BSC at the Olympiastadion. After a scratchy 1-0 win over St Pauli the players came and lined up, linking arms in front of the ostkurve (their 'kop') whilst the Hertha fans serenaded them with a rendition of Rod Stewart's We Are Sailing.

Crazy Germans.

It's compulsory for the Eintracht Frankfurt players to face their Ultras after every home game and take the praise or abuse, as appropriate.

If they thank the fans after every single game it is an utterly meaningless gesture. The could just issue a press release and have done with it.

I can't agree with that. I fully expect someone in a shop to say thank you when i pay, even if they don't mean it. The players should take the lead in the relationship with the crowd, if they come over and acknowledge the fans then more will hang about to respond, and maybe be more likely to actively support during the game

players do tend to acknowledge the followings away from home more and to be fair LJ nearly always does, last couple of games he hasnt though and in the last two home games only a couple of players have acknowledged at all (one was harkins) two of the main players who used to acknowledge the fans have unfortunately gone rooney and tarky, korey doesnt seem to care for the support too much which for a captain is poor form

Remember the good ole 1970s?? When a player leaving the pitch would stick two fingers up at you, groz on the floor and light-up a ciggie on the way back to the dressing room..often punching an opposition player on the way..and all that, after playing on a snow-bound pitch, where only the lines had been cleared.

Remember the good ole 1970s?? When a player leaving the pitch would stick two fingers up at you, groz on the floor and light-up a ciggie on the way back to the dressing room..often punching an opposition player on the way..and all that, after playing on a snow-bound pitch, where only the lines had been cleared.

You do exaggerate........the pen spots had also been cleared!

The thing that pisses me off is when we get a cracking away result they all run over to make the most of it, yet a 500 mile round trip and a bad result they can't get down the tunnel quick enough. R.e Crawley.

Yes they'll get a fair bit of abuse and v signs but we pay their wages and I think that's the time we deserve some sort of recognition