our plastic pitch results

This was our promotion season, http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/division-two-old/1990-1991

This was our dual cup run season http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/division-two-old/1989-1990 but we picked up good results away from home (including neutral grounds) in the cups against top flight opposition

This was the season we lost out to Leeds in the first season of the play-offs (would have gotten promoted the year before) http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/division-two-old/1986-1987/table

As you can see our record wasn't exactly poor away from the plastic pitch, but we had a very good record on it.

Got to love those home records , 2 defeats in over 60 games.

Only defeat in 1989/ 90 to Sheff U .....no problem they were promoted

Only defeat in 1990/91 to Hull City ......hapless bottom of the table team , that would have killed a few coupons.

Jobbo was already here, i seem to recall it was Keith Edwards coming back to haunt us.....again.

It was. We nailed them that evening, just couldn't convert any of the many chances. Hull had an apalling record when they went down (didn't recover for a good 15 years) yet took 4 points off us that season.

As I recall it our away record in 1986-97 we were pretty good. I think 87-88 we were sluggish to start but picked up some good away wins at Man City, Villa and Leeds. 88-89 we were pretty awful away. 89-90 obviously got better put peppered with some poor away displays in the league. 90-91 we were pretty much excellent (Bar Oxford) and won at some places we normally struggled such as Brighton, Plymouth, Ipswich and Barnsley.

Got to love those home records , 2 defeats in over 60 games.

Only defeat in 1989/ 90 to Sheff U .....no problem they were promoted

Only defeat in 1990/91 to Hull City ......hapless bottom of the table team , that would have killed a few coupons.

I didn't see us lose for about my first 3 years. I feel i may have been miss sold.

I started going in '89 and have had a season ticket virtually ever since.

I'm going to lock myself in a dark room now and cry myself to sleep.

After losing at home to Man City in January 1989 we then.... (up to losing 6-3 to United on Boxing Day 1991).

Lost 0 out of 10 home games - 1988/89

Lost 1 out of 33 home games - 1989/90

Lost 1 out of 25 home games - 1990/91

Lost 1 out of first 12 homes games - 1991/92 (on grass)

So thats 3 defeats in 80 home games.

Edited by AndyGortonsMatches

For the record, I have had chance to look it up.

Our first game on grass afterwards, we beat Chelsea 3-0!

1986-1990

Venue................Played..Won..Drawn..Lost..For..Against
Home..................132........83......34..........15..... 291..141

Away + Neutral...133.......30.......42..........61.....153...211

Edited by singe