So what will be different next season

Cant understand anyone that thinks relegation could be a positive thing.

We MAY bounce back up and take momentum into the following season.

But we MAY :censored: it up and become another Stockport/Wrexham/Grimsby/Lincoln

The aim of the game is to play at the top level surely. If you think this divisions boring, just remember occasionally we get very recent premier league big guns dropping down.

Torquay? Newport? Dagenham? Afc Wimbledon?

Are people really talking up relegation ? I doubt the club would ever recover from it....

The club needs / needed something like the Oldham Arena plans to happen which where originally proposed by the T3A... Without something major happening like that with good investment the club will continue a slow decline. Its as simple as that really.

This new proposed stand is as pointless as it is laughable.

Edited by oafc0000

Are people really talking up relegation ? I doubt the club would ever recover from it....

The club needs / needed something like the Oldham Arena plans to happen which where originally proposed by the T3A... Without something major happening like that with good investment the club will continue a slow decline. Its as simple as that really.

Says the bloke with over 12,000 posts on here who doesn't go to games and hasn't before he left apart from the occasional visit.

Don't get me wrong you are as entitled to your opinion as anyone, but what the club really needs is a way to bring back those who went regularly like yourself but have now found other ways to occupy themselves. Doing that might introduce a few new fans to the team too. A redevelopment might do that but a better, more successful side is much more likely to accomplish it, especially as one new stand ought to be sufficient for the time being.

Think I'm missing something in the club's current set-up if people think we'll go down and suddenly become good. It's boring being in this division, but I'll take it ahead of having another 17 similar seasons in the division below...

Says the bloke with over 12,000 posts on here who doesn't go to games and hasn't before he left apart from the occasional visit.

Don't get me wrong you are as entitled to your opinion as anyone, but what the club really needs is a way to bring back those who went regularly like yourself but have now found other ways to occupy themselves. Doing that might introduce a few new fans to the team too. A redevelopment might do that but a better, more successful side is much more likely to accomplish it, especially as one new stand ought to be sufficient for the time being.

I haven't been in around four year now... Do you honestly think anything has changed ? Nothing has changed so my opinion remains as valid and has relevant as its ever been. Every issue remains the the same.

You was pushing the same idea four years ago as you are doing today. Its all about the team you say. Create a good team and they will flock back. It of course remains partly true but the concept it can happen without a huge investment and a vision for the club which includes a massive redevelopment of our infrastructure is where you are found wanting.

The new stand is almost a sign of the death of ambition of the club.... or at the very east the accepting of its fate. It looks League Two... It is League Two... and that is the very type of football they soon may be playing. Im gobsmacked it hasn't already happened.

I think the Oldham Arena plan and the other Failsworth projects was the last roll of the dice for us. The land is now dissolved or in the hands of people we can never pay back. The ship sailed... Its going to take someone with big pockets and big ambitions to change anything about the club.

Edited by oafc0000

I haven't been in around four year now... Do you honestly think anything has changed ? Nothing has changed so my opinion remains as valid and has relevant as its ever been. Every issue remains the the same.

You was pushing the same idea four years ago as you are doing today. Its all about the team you say. Create a good team and they will flock back. It of course remains partly true but the concept it can happen without a huge investment and a vision for the club which includes a massive redevelopment of our infrastructure is where you are found wanting.

The new stand is almost a sign of the death of ambition of the club.... or at the very east the accepting of its fate. It looks League Two... It is League Two... and that is the very type of football the soon may be playing. Im gobsmacked it hasn't already happened.

I thought the new stand could be extended if ever required ?

I thought the new stand could be extended if ever required ?

Anything can be extended but thats is not the point.... and its not about capacity... its about facilities, infrastructure, revenue points and most of all ambition... That new stand offers so little ...

Anything can be extended but thats is not the point.... and its not about capacity... its about facilities, infrastructure, revenue points and most of all ambition... That new stand offers so little ...

But it doesn't though. It offers the chance to actually pay for itself, and not be a drain, perhaps even some income.

I am not a believer it will give us a huge income, but it will be contributing to less day to day expenditure. Money that can go into the team.

Sure, we are not going to be able to suddenly afford Messi, but maybe enough to fund a Harkins.

The memory plays tricks, there have been many darker days. Its just we have been worn down by the repeated number of them.

If things carry on in the same pattern then you can't see things changing at all.

A drop to league 2 comes with no guarantees of either a catalyst to greater things or the apocalypse but like Zorro says it's a road I would rather not go down.

The stand and subsequent development won't turn things round it will cut the annual losses but not enough to push us forward 2 more stands and some more ad dons might though.

With the way the world is it's not going to get any easier for clubs like us. Our biggest problem appears to be holding onto our better players

However their is all ways hope that is the reason that keeps me going that's why I'm here tonight rather than several other things that I could be doing. Other small clubs have pushed on from this level and so could we. We have been at this level while it has been an eternity and knowone under the age of 25 really knows anything other than the third tier played in a decaying stadium (we are lucky to have these young fans it would be the easiest thing in the world for them to shun us) At this level we have had some great individual memories and their is always the chance of the unexpected that's what keeps me going.

So as for next season the season after 5 - 10 years into the future what will be will be.

Unless I can find a way of making millions I can't do much about it apart from buy my season ticket get behind the team and enjoy the ride.

Enjoy the game

Edited by GlossopLatic

With the year upon year failings of this club why is there a sense that bricks and mortar will transform the fortunes of the club. The ground will look better ,but the same personnel will be running it. What latent talent have they shown over the past xxx years that suggests they will turn the facilities into a successful venture?

Think I'm missing something in the club's current set-up if people think we'll go down and suddenly become good. It's boring being in this division, but I'll take it ahead of having another 17 similar seasons in the division below...

This.

I can't believe the malaise with which people are discussing relegation.

It would be catastrophic if we went down.

I see nothing; nothing at all, in our side or set up off the pitch that would suggest to me that we'd be promoted the next season; bouncing straight up again.

We'd see lots more goals and win more games? Would we?

We drop; and we stand a very real chance of staying in League 2 for a similar amount of time as we've spent in this friggin divison; or even worse than that, we drop again and add our name to the growing list of former league clubs now in the various non-leagues.

Relegation isnt something to be embraced in a "ah it'll be a nice change" kind of way. Because, well, it wont be. It would most likely be the death of the club as we know it...

Edited by slystallone