David Worrall

people's opinion on him? i for one think he's pretty diabolical... he's a winger isn't he? if so why isn't he running at defenders and scaring them :censored:less, instead he gets the ball cuts inside and plays a 3 yard pass!!! looks to be an okay crosser of the ball but rarely uses that side of his game, id be playing someone else in there definitely - schmeltz at least give the fullbacks something to think about ffs

Wouldn't call him a winger, he's a right sided player. Fairly certain him and Schumacher took us apart at BP last season for Bury in CM. In his interview when he signed he also said he played a bit at RB for Bury due to their squad issues. I also wouldn't say he can't run, I actually thought during his best performance (Peterborough) he was running for 2, as he seemed to do a lot of Harkins' running for him, but that was with him drifting inside a lot. His struggling to play midweek after playing at the weekend is a bit worrying, but I wonder if a more personalised fitness regime would help with that.

Johnson knows you can just about afford to carry one midfield player defensively at this level, but not 2, especially playing 442, with Harkins in the team he plays Worrall (as opposed to say Schmeltz) for his defensive abilities as much as anything. To say Schmeltz gave the fullbacks something different to think about is true, but that was only until they realised his crossing was poor and he wasn't up to much defensively.

It depends how badly injured Kissock is as whilst I like Worrall more than say Dayton (but I still think Dayton is a decent enough player at this level) I think after his performance against Rotherham Kissock deserves another go. But the issue about loan players in the squad reappears when Kissock is back, until Kusunga comes back (and the young defender goes).

I wonder if the loan players problem will be solved by leaving Oxley completely out of the squad with Coleman on the bench ?

It would but, whilst I didn't go today, from what I've seen of them I'd rather play Oxley than Rachubka, and I wonder if Oxley didn't have some form of hand/wrist knock that we are downplaying.

It would but, whilst I didn't go today, from what I've seen of them I'd rather play Oxley than Rachubka, and I wonder if Oxley didn't have some form of hand/wrist knock that we are downplaying.

You mean not a strong hand diverting the ball wide away from danger ?

Rachubka did ok today, quick off his line on occasions.

Edited by BP1960

No more of an injury.

Just wondering as he seems to have palmed the ball straight to the opposition on a few occasions recently when a strong hand may have diverted it out of harms way.

Going back to Worrall, he looks frustrated with himself maybe realising his injury problem means he isn't half he player he was, can the Latics afford to keep playing him on an in out basis ?

Edited by BP1960

Worrall wants to be able to put early balls into the box, we don't have the strikers that will take advantage of this. He made a couple of good runs yesterday to get in behind the defence but unless he moves over to the other side of the pitch to link up with Harkins no-one see's them or is able to pick him out. He isn't really a player to run at the full back and take him on, however he does have the ability to put a decent ball into the box but when he manages to do this (and he hasn't done it often enough since he's been here) do we have anyone who is going to get on the end of them? I think had he and Rooney been able to link up they may have both looked better, much like Porter/Liddell a few years ago

people's opinion on him? i for one think he's pretty diabolical... he's a winger isn't he? if so why isn't he running at defenders and scaring them :censored:less, instead he gets the ball cuts inside and plays a 3 yard pass!!! looks to be an okay crosser of the ball but rarely uses that side of his game, id be playing someone else in there definitely - schmeltz at least give the fullbacks something to think about ffs

You really are trolling with this aren't you? Aren't you?

no.. simply wondering if it's not just me that doesn't see the advantages of him playing RM for us... which seems plenty agree

Given you've laid the blame for the goal squarely at Lockwood when it was clear as day he wasn't marking Davis I really do have to question what you do see on a football pitch.