I have just been on the linked website for the trust, (thanks to Gemma). I have tried to insert my email address to receive the trust newsletters but the automated response says 'the feed does not have subscriptions by email enabled.'

I intend to try to attend at BP the AGM on Monday 14th April on the basis that since I am not a member I will simply observe the meeting!

If questioned I will deny even having heard of OWTB

Members only according to this - despite the wrong spelling of their;

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/category/meetings-agms/

Edited by BP1960

Change from within is the only option.

Make sure you're a member - you can pay into the Paypal account - contact wardle for details, or you can email/ring Barry and get it sorted (PM me if you need his details).

Then get along to the AGM and find out what goes on. Get someone to nominate you as a director and join the board. Hell, get involved in the voting for fan's rep on the board, if that's what's happening.

Change from within is the only option.

Make sure you're a member - you can pay into the Paypal account - contact wardle for details, or you can email/ring Barry and get it sorted (PM me if you need his details).

Then get along to the AGM and find out what goes on. Get someone to nominate you as a director and join the board. Hell, get involved in the voting for fan's rep on the board, if that's what's happening.

Thanks

How much does it cost?

(nearly there....)

Bloody nora. their trust site puts ours to shame.

Shows what can be done, plenty of members,directors, photos and information..

Newsletters: The free members’ newsletter, “Reading Matter” is available online or sent to STAR members three times a year, as well as regular e-mail updates through our electronic news service E-STAR.

Ticket Priority: STAR members receive 10 “Royalty Points” allowing higher priority to big-games and scarce tickets.

Away Travel: STAR runs subsidised coaches to all away games,

exclusively for STAR members.

Edited by BP1960

Open door meeting for all 6.30pm to 7.15pm. Then trust members only from 7.30pm onwards.

Might pop down myself.

And strange as I've just started to type this the whole layout of owtb as just changed.....this is going to do my head in now whilst I get use to it

Edited by underdog

I agree the trust gets more stick than it deserves. Part of the problem is communication, which people are demonstrably trying to address, but they've all got day jobs or otherwise lives to lead and it isn't easy. Nevertheless, as the only fans body with club recognition (apart from OASIS, who are all hopeless drunks) it's probably time for everyone to jump on board, given Corney's latest murmurings.

Edited by tangerinedreams

Quite a few OWTB member's have expressed an interest in this thread about the trust and indicated if they knew what it was about or how to become a committee member or indeed the chair they'd like to be involved.

How about Playershare? it's clear in it's objectives, It's easy to get involved in and stand for the committee. Would anyone care to reply here and I'll get you set up by the coming weeks end or if you prefer next month. Ta.

Quite a few OWTB member's have expressed an interest in this thread about the trust and indicated if they knew what it was about or how to become a committee member or indeed the chair they'd like to be involved.

How about Playershare? it's clear in it's objectives, It's easy to get involved in and stand for the committee. Would anyone care to reply here and I'll get you set up by the coming weeks end or if you prefer next month. Ta.

Playershare is great, but a structured fans group is needed to run the club if Corney wants to hand it over, not fund a player.

Whether that structured fans group is the Trust or not I don't know but Barry's knowledge gained over the last 10(?) years would probably be useful and shouldn't be sidelined unnecessarily.

That said, if we stay safe, Up the playershare!

i have no knowledge - this is a pure guess

I'd say that the people who got the trust up and running became very disilusioned due to the general apathy, the personal criticism/abuse, the "it'll turn out right" mentality, the anonymity of their critics vs their own public profile and the sense of righteous indignation prevalent among those for whom the phrase "we must do something" transalate s to "must get a but stroppy on a messageboard".

But I could be wrong.

I was a member.

I stopped through apathy and lack of visibility of what the trust was supposed to be doing and how it was supposed to be representing members/supporters. The idea that an election of the board across a 2 year period for a 3 year tenure represents some sort of cavnassing of opinion is a bit farcical.

I was a member.

I stopped through apathy and lack of visibility of what the trust was supposed to be doing and how it was supposed to be representing members/supporters. The idea that an election of the board across a 2 year period for a 3 year tenure represents some sort of cavnassing of opinion is a bit farcical.

It's the same sort of stability many bemoan about managers these days.