Mark oxley returns to Hull

Good luck to him, I liked the way he improved as the season went on and if the chance arose I'd have him back permanently in the future. He won't make it in the Prem but he'll have a solid career at League One level minimum.

Let's just hope that Chubs gets through the season!

Is it not a case hull spitting their dummy out cause he's not our number 1 anymore?

Possibly, but their number one GK is likely to be out until the end of the season, perhaps they are going to give Oxley a go if they have meaningless league games towards the end of the season, something quite likely. Plus, with their FA cup run, they might not want their third choice GK playing a league game, on the Saturday if they then have to recall him for the Sunday.

Just remembered that goalkeepers can be signed on loan at any time in the season so losing Rachubka to injury wouldn't be an absolute disaster. It wouldn't be ideal mind.

I think Rabchuka has deserved his place with a couple of decent performances. My only concern now is that he is guaranteed the starting spot, it may lead to a little complacency. Or perhaps I am just overthinking this one.

Just remembered that goalkeepers can be signed on loan at any time in the season so losing Rachubka to injury wouldn't be an absolute disaster. It wouldn't be ideal mind.

I hope you're right. Hull seemed to recall Oxley just minutes before the loan transfer deadline!

Edited by Mark59

I hope you're right. Hull seemed to recall Oxley just minutes before the loan transfer deadline!

He's right any club can sign a GK after the deadline to provide emergency cover. You can also recall a GK from on-loan if the appropriate clause is present if needed too. So Hull recalling Oxley now is better than them recalling him tomorrow at 5pm etc.

I think Rabchuka has deserved his place with a couple of decent performances. My only concern now is that he is guaranteed the starting spot, it may lead to a little complacency. Or perhaps I am just overthinking this one.

I doubt there'll be complacency from someone who's out of contract in a few months time.

Guest Laticswaj

Deserved his chance anyway Rachubka. Lost count of the amount of mistakes Oxley made throughout the season.

Poor at best for me, happy to see him return to Hull.

A young lad who may get better but we needed experience at the back especially given we had a mish mash back four all year long.

Rachubka gives you that and can't believe it's only now he's getting starts, a player that is vastly experienced at a higher level and has been promoted from this division.

Also, not surprised to see him get recalled once we dropped him. Kind of says that LJ had no choice but to play him under terms of his contract. Just speculating.

Nice bit of business for LJ having decided to bench him now we aren't paying for him. If he had been our keeper then it would have been worth sticking with him as he was improving. I hope we can keep Rachubka who has shown his worth with his experience calming things at the back.

Deserved his chance anyway Rachubka. Lost count of the amount of mistakes Oxley made throughout the season.

Poor at best for me, happy to see him return to Hull.

A young lad who may get better but we needed experience at the back especially given we had a mish mash back four all year long.

Rachubka gives you that and can't believe it's only now he's getting starts, a player that is vastly experienced at a higher level and has been promoted from this division.

Also, not surprised to see him get recalled once we dropped him. Kind of says that LJ had no choice but to play him under terms of his contract. Just speculating.

Agree nothing special never came off his line (until very recently). Rachubka is a proven keeper he should have been number 1 from the start. He is much more comfortable and confident in net. Can see Oxley at league 2 level next season.

in certain aspects, no, id agree with you. certainly a better shot stopper, maybe quicker reactions etc...... bothe keepers have their own merits

for me though at this vital stage we need the experience of Rachubka between the sticks and his voice/presence behind the defenders

Am I alone in thinking Oxley is a getter keeper than Rachubka?

Nope. He was improving all the time.

He was even starting to come for crosses more readily over the last month / 6 weeks.

Oxley arrived a raw; experienced prospect (relatively young for a keeper) and has left us 43 games more experienced and all the better for it.

He was nowhere near as bad as some make out.

Yep, i was as frustrated as the next fan when he stayed on his line for a ball i; and most others felt he should have come for - but just as you piss & moan at him for that, he'd pull off a worldy to keep us in games.

For every rush of blood P'boro away moments; there were Swindon at home moments to pull it all back again.

Is Chubs any better? Older certainly; and more experienced; definately. But better? I'm actually not so sure there's anything between them. We've conceeded 2 goals from corners in 2 weeks that i feel he should have done better with. Oxley would have been villified for those goals...

Thanks for the 43 games Mark and good luck for the future anyways.

Edited by slystallone