• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we'd signed non-league Lockwood on an 18 month deal that would have sent owtb into meltdown.

It would have sent me into meltdown TBF. I've not been his or Wilson's biggest fans since they've been here, but, hands up, they've won me over.

They seem to be benefitting from playing together until now, and they were solid as :censored: today. Hats off.

It would have sent me into meltdown TBF. I've not been his or Wilson's biggest fans since they've been here, but, hands up, they've won me over.

They seem to be benefitting from playing together until now, and they were solid as :censored: today. Hats off.

They've played against some of the best strikers in the league recently too.

Id rather have Wilson and £250k (if that was the figure we got) than Tarky and £0..

There Ive said it. I expect to be mocked for it in a few years when tarky wins the First European Super league, but there we go.

I haven't seen a deterioration in defence without tarky. In fact it has improved

Tarky was the best player on that pitch today-but Wilson and Lockwood were good enough!

Sorry but Wilson was the best player, but that is my opinion. Tarky did have a decent game but once or twice we caught him out and should have done better.

We can agree to disagree! Tarky's run to the edge of our area was very very good and he looked comfortable on the ball all afternoon but please do not misunderstand me I have always rated Wilson and today Lockwood had a good game too! That pass inside the fullback from Korey was superb too, yet again

Hadnt been their biggest fan until you saw them play a few times you mean?

Hadnt been their biggest fan until you saw them play a few times you mean?

No. I've seen them play plenty. Up until the last two or three games Lockwood, for me, has been poor, and Wilson anonymous.

However, I am man enough to admit that their form has improved, and with it, my opinion of them.

If Tarky had been booked in the first half for that he wouldnt have dropped J C-H in the second half, get up to speed mate, they are professionals

No, but he would have been skinned then!!

I didnt think tarky was that good today really. He wasn't bad at all, but no better than what we had. When you compare him to Wolves CB, he is a long long way behind those 2.

Edited by pukka

The back four of Brown, Lockwood, Wilson and Grounds have 4 clean sheets in their 8 games played together. Tarky played in 4 clean sheets in his roughly 30 games.

I thought Wilson was better than Tarky today, but Brentford need Tarky as I was less than impressed with their other CB, who is IMHO not good enough for the Championship, and my Dad, thought the best player on the pitch was Douglas, who impressed me immensely last season, but due to my change of viewing position I didn't notice as much today.

IIRC I think we already have an option on Lockwood for next season, but Wilson is until the end of the season, and I've heard that we aren't paying him much at the moment, however, I doubt we will end up paying more than what we offered Tarky in Jan. I've been impressed with them as a partnership but like I hinted the work of Brown, who has impressed me with his improvement this season, and especially Grounds is needed. We look a lot more solid with Grounds playing LB behind Harkins than we ever did with Mellor playing LB behind Harkins and Grounds playing CB.

Tarky's propensity to get booked is also an issue, today's was his 10th of the season, and therefore he should miss the next 2 games.

After starting the season with ball playing CB's and the tactics to reflect that; we now have grappling, nudging, fouling, head it / kick it out CB's.

Ask me which I prefer; and its not the ugly old school type.

Ask me which is more effective and basically "right" for us at the moment - and it IS the ugly old school type.

Lockwood & Wilson have been pretty darn good for us since they've had a run of games together as a pairing.

Finally we might just have cracked the formula?

we now have grappling, nudging, fouling, head it / kick it out CB's.

I think thats being unfair tbh.

Only 2 CB got booked today for booting and fouling.

They didn't wear Blue either.

Lockwood I grant you is a "grappler", but so is Vidic.

Edited by pukka

The back four of Brown, Lockwood, Wilson and Grounds have 4 clean sheets in their 8 games played together. Tarky played in 4 clean sheets in his roughly 30 games.

I thought Wilson was better than Tarky today, but Brentford need Tarky as I was less than impressed with their other CB, who is IMHO not good enough for the Championship, and my Dad, thought the best player on the pitch was Douglas, who impressed me immensely last season, but due to my change of viewing position I didn't notice as much today.

IIRC I think we already have an option on Lockwood for next season, but Wilson is until the end of the season, and I've heard that we aren't paying him much at the moment, however, I doubt we will end up paying more than what we offered Tarky in Jan. I've been impressed with them as a partnership but like I hinted the work of Brown, who has impressed me with his improvement this season, and especially Grounds is needed. We look a lot more solid with Grounds playing LB behind Harkins than we ever did with Mellor playing LB behind Harkins and Grounds playing CB.

Tarky's propensity to get booked is also an issue, today's was his 10th of the season, and therefore he should miss the next 2 games.

Bookings are an issue with all clubs and all players, I would agree. By the way I also agree with your father that Douglas is a damn good midfielder. But isn't that something like 5 matches that Tarky has now played for Brentford-all with clean sheets! I also agree that Grounds played well, yet again!

As I commented at the time, they were the dirtiest side I've seen this season. They were more than a bit lucky to have 11 men on the pitch at the end.

That's due to a distinct lack of pace. He knows he can't get turned, and also being beaten to the ball at times.

Edited by pukka

Lockwood is a walking foul. Dam near every challenge he goes into he has arms all over the opposition. But - somehow; he's getting away with it.

We played next to no "football" from the back today - but we defended ever so well.

Brentfords 2 played football; some of their long passes were spot on, but when we got at them; they fouled and they were booked.

Our 2 really aren't the best footballer i've ever seen - far from it actually - but they seem to be effective defenders. And right now, we seem to very much benfitting from having that type of player in our side...