Sheehan's out of contract this summer, but I doubt we could match County's offer of a further extention if they were to offer him one (and I would be surprised if they didn't). Very good at set pieces as well.

Fookin ell!!! 2 Connor Browns!!!???

A player who I've admitted is improving but come on!?

He has poor distribution, questionable positioning and is liable to errors because he ball watches, he also hides from the ball when its going badly for himself....none of which over 40 odd games can be denied by anyone

I swear sometimes people don't want to challenge at the top of the table.

I didn't see him hide from the ball when 3 down to Peterborough, wasn't it him who rallied the team at half time and said if they can score 3 we can ?

He's quick, has a good attitude and obviously want's to improve his game, yes if we can find another like him for nothing I'm all for it.

where you in the changing room at HT?

1 game you mentioned I'm talking all season.

As I said he has improved slightly but he is prone to errors. Quick and a good attitude don't keep clean sheets when you ball watch. Youre a scout? You must have picked up on it?

He is not completley comfortable with the ball at his feet, he watches crosses and steps in towards the ball and the centre half a lot leaving a man free behind him.

Do I want 2 fullbacks making the same mistakes over a full season? No I want someone better.

Edited by palmer1

where you in the changing room at HT?

1 game you mentioned I'm talking all season.

As I said he has improved slightly but he is prone to errors. Quick and a good attitude don't keep clean sheets when you ball watch. Youre a scout? You must have picked up on it?

He is not completley comfortable with the ball at his feet, he watches crosses and steps in towards the ball and the centre half a lot leaving a man free behind him.

Do I want 2 fullbacks making the same mistakes over a full season? No I want someone better.

All players have faults, even at the highest level, he's improved his game and will continue to do so IMO.

All players have faults, even at the highest level, he's improved his game and will continue to do so IMO.

I think we would all agree, but the point was made that we might want similar at left back to replace Grounds and I tend to think that we want better, much better!

Grounds Probably been the worst defender in the second half of the season. Passes gone astray and defending not that great. Also for the penalty yesterday what was he doing he's done that before at Preston away and Johnson pelted balls at him all week. Glad he is going

Grounds Probably been the worst defender in the second half of the season. Passes gone astray and defending not that great. Also for the penalty yesterday what was he doing he's done that before at Preston away and Johnson pelted balls at him all week. Glad he is going

[

Birmingham are welcome.Loads of out of contract players and up to Lee to sort the deadwood out and improve his squad of players ready for next season.I am looking forward to Lee's team and the new stand.More positives than the usual negatives./quote]

Browns as good a defender as we have not many players have had the better of him in that respect his downfall is when he receives the ball and is stationary the ball is like a hot potato to him and im sure he has been instructed to pass it straight back to the keeper or look for his centre half, where he has improved is running at defences at speed in possesion and also his positional sense has come on no end, as he is maturing his game seems to be improving and the last 3 or 4 months he has really stepped up.

Fookin ell!!! 2 Connor Browns!!!???

A player who I've admitted is improving but come on!?

He has poor distribution, questionable positioning and is liable to errors because he ball watches, he also hides from the ball when its going badly for himself....none of which over 40 odd games can be denied by anyone

I swear sometimes people don't want to challenge at the top of the table.

And it was all going so well, and someone had to mention 2 Conor Browns, come on Palmer join the love in. :wub:

You have took me completely out of context. Of course i would love to sign a sheehan or mills and i can clearly see brown makes mistakes. What i am saying tho is we are a small club who clearly cannot afford to buy quality in every area of the pitch. I would rather sacrifice quality at left back and take a chance on a rough diamond than doing the same with a striker. We already have 3 young 'could be's' up front i want a proven goal scorer. And that takes money. Given the choice id sign a key striker than a left back any day of the week.

Question:

Mills/sheehan and tounkara

or

(A.n.other brown) and Lowe/leon clarke/leigh griffiths/ etc etc