Turn of confidence...

Having missed the last 3 games due to holidays, but keeping an eye on results on OWTB it's good to see the change in the air the last 2 results have brought...

I don't doubt the praise Winchester is hearing from the coaches and the stands will be helping him raise his game consistently. For any player but particularly at lower levels confidence brings out the best in them...

2 clean sheets but more importantly 2 wins suggest LJ has addressed some of the issues in the opening games and also sticking with his team again reassures me he knows he needs to get some solidity with the odd tweak here and there...

Kelly getting some good feedback over the last 2 games is good to hear particularly as he is our captain and should be leading the way, therefor him being confident can rub off (not literally) on some of the younger players...

I know it is still early days but some initial signs suggest LJ is on the same page when there are issues so let's try and keep things positive to give as many players the confidence to bring the best out in them...who knows it might just give the players that extra 10% to turn a 0-0 into a 1-0

I think saturday will be the test, Win that and suddenly a poor start to the season becomes an okay/pretty good start to the season. Confidence will be high throughout too.

Perhaps the team are starting to click? again it would be typical latics to bring us back down to earth on saturday with a home defeat but a win there would see us on a 3 match win streak and most likely be around 12th-9th in the table depending on other results.

Fleetwood set off like a house on fire but their last 3 results have been 2 draw's and 1 defeat, with 2 being at home, so their nothing to be afraid of.

It will be interesting to see what LJ does regarding the team but I would simply swap JCH for Poleon and keep it as it was. The Doncaster performance was very impressive particularly 2nd half where we could (and should) of had 2/3 goals.

I think LJ has learned from last season that making 3/4 changes every game isn't very good and doesn't allow the players to get used to each other (unless you are someone like City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool who have incredible depth).

There definitely has been a turn of confidence but saturday for me is key, we lose that and suddenly people will think we're destined for the drop again.

Missed the last two games (due to self-inflicted illness and non-league commitments, respectively), but I'm actually quite excited about this Saturday's game. It sounds as though the early season gelling is started to happen and some old and new players are starting to step-up. Hopefully with the addition of Poleon we'll be a really difficult team to beat.

Missed the Donny game and double booked myself last night, not realising we had a game.

As usual, i've missed 2 wins and 2 decent performances by all accounts.

I'm a bit of a jinx all told, so sorry everyone in advance, but i'm back watching again on Saturday.

You heard it here 1st. We'll lose!

Missed the Donny game and double booked myself last night, not realising we had a game.

I'm a bit of a jinx all told, so sorry everyone in advance, but i'm back watching again on Saturday.

Ditto!

Ditto!

I mean this with no hatred or disrespect, but F**k off for a few months please.

Hehe. Unfortunately I have a season ticket, and am also planning another few aways (all the ones I haven't already done):

Notts county

Fleetwood

Peterborough

Yeovil

Orient (done before but it's ace)

NB It is very likely one/some/all of these games will be postponed due to weather, international call ups or FA cup games. It's about 50:50 as soon as I book hotel or travel. You have been warned, people.

Ditto!

Me too..oh dear triple whammy....but if George takes his top off, then I could just about manage a defeat...hehe

Dare I mention that oafctom is in the same boat and shall be returning too on Saturday?...yikes

Edited by underdog

I am in the same boat, I will be there on saturday having missed two.

It took me til the Notts County JPT game to see a win last season. It took me til PNE to see a goal. I have a season ticket and missed three home games all season. Needless to say we got 9 points and our only home league wins before Christmas

Edited by pukka

The good thing about Saturdays game is that Fleetwood won't sit back, they'll try and take the game to us which should suit us a bit better as the game will be more open

Bradford took the game too us, but in a long ball fashion.