Peterborough United vs Oldham Athletic

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't fathom how we used Poleon when he came on, they kept a high line which was crying out for him to play on the shoulder and us to have it whenever we get the ball in defence, but he kept dropping deep to receive the ball.

Right back. We seemed to have two of them!

Then he went central for the last five minutes.

Yes, only once he stayed up for one of their corners, isn't it bloody obvious that he did more defensively by forcing two of their players back to the half way line than he would in the box?

overall we controlled the game very well at times. Kelly continues to improve and looks to have a bit of zip to him which he certainly didn't begin with. Brown struggled, Kusunga gave me kittens at times. Forte imppressed me with his effort although things weren't working for him in front of goal.

Indeed. After our equaliser we were much too deep. Although Wilkinson was very good he was really tired out at the end because he'd done a lot of closing down, so I was puzzled to see him stay on for the last few minutes. I really felt that if we'd pushed Poleon up more and brought Amari on for Wilkinson we'd have had lots of chances at the end. They were there for the taking on the counter. Rachubka had no chance for either goal and made a couple of good saves, looks solid and very positive with the distribution. Really like the way we played the ball out, although Kusunga and Brown (both talented but lacking match time) were always quite frightening in possession. Really enjoyed Kusunga's celebration - I take it from the number of time he crossed himself that he will be making an appearance in church today - great to see someone displaying their thanks to God for what they have got.

IMO, a better keeper would have saved both those Peterborough goals. And I don't mean someone like Neuer either.

Is that not kind of an obvious thing to say?

If we had better players we could have won, and I don't mean like Messi either ;)

Edited by palmer1

Worth pointing out how well Kelly did at that corner. If you watch before the ball comes in he deliberately blocks Kusunga's marker leaving him a free header at the front post.

I'd be more inclined to give the credit to the management team that has the air of being perfected on the training ground all over it.

Yes. Kelly did well for the equaliser. I didn't think it was a corner BTW, for me the keeper kept it in. And if we get a goalie who can save those 2 then we will be doing well. Maybe Andy Gorton would have kept them out.

Andy Gorton wouldn't have got out of the Palmerston Arms in time for the game

Yes. Kelly did well for the equaliser. I didn't think it was a corner BTW, for me the keeper kept it in. And if we get a goalie who can save those 2 then we will be doing well. Maybe Andy Gorton would have kept them out.

Oops, double post, I blame my phone...

Sorry accidental down-boat but thanks to your double post I was able to correct it.

Rachubka moves very late for the first goal, but in his defence it does come through traffic and he could have had a limited view of the strike.

The second he has to keep out. It is his side of the goal and he goes with his wrong hand which limits his range.

I suspect he is highly disappointed with both in all honesty.

Rachubka moves very late for the first goal, but in his defence it does come through traffic and he could have had a limited view of the strike.

The second he has to keep out. It is his side of the goal and he goes with his wrong hand which limits his range.

I suspect he is highly disappointed with both in all honesty.

That isn't his wrong hand... Nearly every goalkeeper would have used the same hand for that shot. If he'd had saved that it would have been a remarkable save.