Gutted - Athleticos

What's the point in having a message board if they dictate what we talk about?!

We don't. We merely work to ensure when talking about whatever you want you do so in a civilised way. If people want to act like petulant children then we'll treat them like petulant children. For what it's worth I didn't close the thread, but I agree with the decision to.

I'll probably get banned for a week!

We've got 4,868 member accounts and zero are currently on moderator preview. Of those we've banned permanently I know of only one who's not returned under another name and started to behave more politely towards his fellow members. That one was, and is, rather notorious and we've kept him away for his own sanity.

Ackey, not directed at you personally but, what about all the civilised comments about Barry Owen?

Why is that OK then!!

Curious that's all.

Barry is a public figure who wrote an open letter to the people of Oldham, which calls for people to respond in kind. I removed any posts from that thread which were personal in nature that I saw. I'm by no means saying we're 100% in that regard, however the Report function remains and if used we will always review the post in question to see which, if any, rules it contravenes.

Thanks for clearing that up. Perhaps this method could have been used for the Athletico's thread. One kinda rule thing.

Anyway, what's done is done.

There was a period where the person in question cleaned up the thread. The background noise resumed and to save our sanity we closed it instead.

We try to be transparent and I will always civilised answer questions such as these about what we do and why. But ultimately we're responsible the board and have the capacity to remove things and generally people will not like us for that. We're OK with that - we have been doing it for nine years and we're no more loved nor hated than ever before.

ackey what the hell is going on here

last week it was the barry Owen thread locked

now 50 pages of passionate fans views have been removed

I know the inner circle of oasis now aka 24 hrs, lees lover, Mark the mature student an the tall good looking one with long hair who looks like woody harrelson

don't worry everyone I,ll have that thread up in an hour

Barry is a public figure who wrote an open letter to the people of Oldham, which calls for people to respond in kind. I removed any posts from that thread which were personal in nature that I saw. I'm by no means saying we're 100% in that regard, however the Report function remains and if used we will always review the post in question to see which, if any, rules it contravenes.

Was the 'report' function used in the closed thread?

ackey what the hell is going on here

last week it was the barry Owen thread locked

now 50 pages of passionate fans views have been removed

I know the inner circle of oasis now aka 24 hrs, lees lover, Mark the mature student an the tall good looking one with long hair who looks like woody harrelson

don't worry everyone I,ll have that thread up in an hour

You call them the inner circle? Jesus... And for what it's worth I was sat with them on the train Saturday as I live in West London - we may even be friends, friend!

apparently there's nothing we can do

how can one man have that much power in our fans forum owtb

I have the power! *cackles*

Oh, and this one man didn't close the thread - just in case anyone wondered.