F5 Monday.......

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kevin Davies was sat in the stand on Saturday

Mind you he was working for Radio Manchester

I listened to him, he liked us before the game and admitted we deserved something at Deepdale.

During the game he was of the opinion that we don't get the ball forward when we can and unnecessarily make additional passes

would that be a midfield diamond of?:

Kelly

Winchester Jones

Johnson

Think so, Philly's work rate is pretty vital but can't see Johnson not starting. Was thinking maybe Philly pushed up top with Forte but think Jabo will step back in when he's recovered. OPTIONS OPTIONS OPTIONS great side we have!

would that be a midfield diamond of?:

Kelly

Winchester Jones

Johnson

I'm not sure, I think should it be Johnson then he might be in place of Winchester, resting him for a couple of games at first, think jones could move over to the right hand side with johnson being left footed.

Was very impressed with him at Chesterfield away, top player and would suit our style of play. Like you said though Johnson could play at the front of the diamond as he looked very creative!

don't know how anyone can't rate philliskirk... he's consistently an 8/10 every week, his footballing ability turning on the ball and linking with the midfield is second to none... add to that all the effort he puts in

Agree with this, Philiskirk is fantastic when on the ball and when he isn't he works his socks off!!

I dont rate philly one bit

Been one of our best players this season, in my opinion.

Works his bollocks off, looks to get into the right positions, looks to get other players into the game, particularly Forte. Always looks to get a shot away when possible.

He's been one of the consistent performers and works well in that number 10 role.

Too much people disagreeing with my opinion so will just reply as a new post. I do think philly is not a bad player but people rate him too high. With his position he should have more goals and more assists. The real problem is he ends up slowing the play down too much especially on breaks and this leads to the defence coming back