We Are Latics

The website, I presume this is the new official club shop? I'm not one to moan much about Latics but what a shambles, horrid website and unless I am missing something obvious where do I find the Accessories - and I dont mean Coca Cola football league badges. Do we not offer Scarfs and Hats? Or car stickers etc. Im looking around the website for Christmas gifts and unless I want to buy an almost outdated expensive bad quality home shirt there is nothing of interest at all apart froman home made money tin from an old baked beans can.

I'm hoping someone is going to correct my outburst and show me the direction to a new website or a hidden link I seem to have missed but Im very disappointed at the minute, and this is from someone who is very patient on the internet,not my dad who would have given up looking an hour ago.

Any help people?

The website is basically the Sports Direct site but with an Oldham badge at the top.What you see is what you get.Why they don't stock hats,scarves,stickers etc is anyone's guess but the fact we didn't get the home shirt till October it doesn't surprise me.

It's the lack of baby owls that pisses me ooff . Obviously they can't be mass produced and have 20 club badges stuck to them, but that's the point of why we want them to warp childrens' minds.

I've tried to get mine to breed, but the results of drunken couplings with giraffes, lions, sheep, trolls, minions and the rest have been fairly disturbing

I suppose there's not enough profit in selling unique Latic's related stuff to make it worth while for Sports Direct to bother.

Mind you it leaves a gap in the market for a local entrepreneur to step into. They may even be able to employ a few local people in their business.

Or maybe the Trust could look into selling Latics merchandise, with any profit going to playershare. A few blue and white scarves would do for starters, we'll need them for our trip to Anfield!

Edited by laticsrblue

I suppose there's not enough profit in selling unique Latic's related stuff to make it worth while for Sports Direct to bother.

Mind you it leaves a gap in the market for a local entrepreneur to step into. They may even be able to employ a few local people in their business.

Or maybe the Trust could look into selling Latics merchandise, with any profit going to playershare. A few blue and white scarves would do for starters, we'll need them for our trip to Anfield!

Use the club badge though and you're opening yourself up for a nice lawsuit, am I right?

The retailing performance of our linkup with SD has been an unmitigated disaster.

I can't for the life of me understand why there has not been a combined OAFC and SD announcement as to their future vision of club merchandising and an explanation of any difficulties in bringing it to fruition. 3 weeks off Christmas and not a murmur is quite shocking within a business format.

A quick glance at two of our competitors web shops, Rochdale and MK Dons, puts us to shame. And it was only last Saturday we were calling Rochdale a small town in Oldham, thankfully I didn't join in that one.

There must be a plan or reason - what we have now can't be it - can it?

The subject is 'web shop' and it's contents, which IS open. Have you had a look?

If Amazon were selling only televisions and furry penguins they would be explaining why.

Doubt the webshop was high up the list of priorities for them when the deal was being made, if people were expecting an all singing and dancing site then I would suggest they were being naive.

Doubt the webshop was high up the list of priorities for them when the deal was being made, if people were expecting an all singing and dancing site then I would suggest they were being naive.

My 8yr old grandson wants a Latics bobble hat. Would that come under 'all singing all dancing'?

Can't really judge until the shop is open.

I hope I'm wrong but I imagine the SD shop in the new stand will just be the usual SD stuff.

If they had Latics merchandise to sell it would surely be in the town centre SD shop now.

What happened to all the stock, Chaddy's etc that was in We Are Latics just before it was shut down.

Edited by laticsrblue