LJs Crewe reaction

Has anyone not noticed our very poor defenceive record? Whilst I agree we do need a decent striker (name a club that doesn't), if we didn't concede at least 1-2 goals every frickin game we'd be alright. Our defence has been terrible (IMO) for almost 5-6 seasons now....

absolutely agree with you, I said before we went on a little run of not conceding that I was worried about conceding soft goals and got a bit of stick.

Im sure the keeper will be disappointed but in his defence he had pushed our backline up to the halfway line and was playing as more of a sweeper than a keeper, Ajose is quick and also very clever and at our level not many forwards would of had the vision never mind the ability to do that, it was a great goal the keeper was caught flat footed with little chance of getting back and although im sure Rabs will be a little gutted I wouldnt blame him for the defeat.

How many times can we afford to say Rachubka will be disappointed by conceding a goal after a defeat?

He's not good enough, and the disappointment of Kenny's brief visit doesn't and shouldn't hide that fact.

How many times can we afford to say Rachubka will be disappointed by conceding a goal after a defeat?

He's not good enough, and the disappointment of Kenny's brief visit doesn't and shouldn't hide that fact.

Off the top of my head Rabs kept goal in a 10 match unbeaten run at the back end of last season and a 12 game unbeaten run this, he cant be held responsible for our recent dip in form as he has been sat on the bench for most of it, if you want to see what a bad job he has been doing look at the stats, he has the second best record goals/games in the league behind Roy Carroll, so he must be doing some things right Id say ? Who do you honestly think we could get in with limited finances who would be any better ? At a club without a pot to piss in wage wise we are lucky to have such a solid pro in my opinion.

Off the top of my head Rabs kept goal in a 10 match unbeaten run at the back end of last season and a 12 game unbeaten run this, he cant be held responsible for our recent dip in form as he has been sat on the bench for most of it, if you want to see what a bad job he has been doing look at the stats, he has the second best record goals/games in the league behind Roy Carroll, so he must be doing some things right Id say ? Who do you honestly think we could get in with limited finances who would be any better ? At a club without a pot to piss in wage wise we are lucky to have such a solid pro in my opinion.

I've never blamed him for our unbeaten run, but nor can he be held responsible for any unbeaten run either. We've lost an awful lot of points this season from winning positions, and Rachubka has made errors in quite a few of them games, even during the unbeaten run.

The goals to games record just proves to me that it's our defence rather than the goalkeeper. You can't deny he's been at fault for goals in his last 3 appearances at least. We dropped 2 points at Sheffield, 2 from Crawley at home and 1 against Crewe. Match winning and equalising goals all very questionable goalkeeping.

How you can call him solid is beyond me. I'd be worried about our recruitment if we couldn't find a goalkeeper that is more solid than Rachubka. Kenny mustn't have played a competitive match for ages before he joined us. Who knows how he could've been if he'd had a bit of time to settle? It's hardly like we would've won the games against Yeovil and MK if he wasn't in net...

I'm with NewBlue

Chubs can't be held responsible for this dip in form; but nor can he lay claim to having a huge hand in our unbeaten run.

He's been at fault for far too many conceded goals to be labelled solid - in fact he's anything but solid from shots from distance. His decent & quick distribution, and his (semi) vocal organising shouldnt mask over his overall average to below average 'Keeping IMO.

Anyway, the management team / LJ have seen it just like most of us have too, and looked to replace him. For whatever reasons; that replacement didnt work out. They'll hope the next one works out slightly better, as - again, Chubs does need replaceing...

All about opinions, its difficult though, who will come in though Etheridge/Kenny both lost the managers faith in no time at all, would you prefer a loan then ? All im reading on here is we need a goal scorer from most people, Id rather any money if any is spent at the other end of the field.

If - magically, teams will take James Dayton & David Mellor off our hands, plus Tidser going back to Rothrum....IMO, that should be enough to secure both a decent League One Keeper and Striker? Even more so if Jabo and DJ dont have their loans extended.

If one of the " assets" leaves aswell, we'd be easily able to secure players to come in for the 2 key positions we need - as you say; striker and goalkeeper

If - magically, teams will take James Dayton & David Mellor off our hands, plus Tidser going back to Rothrum....IMO, that should be enough to secure both a decent League One Keeper and Striker? Even more so if Jabo and DJ dont have their loans extended.

If one of the " assets" leaves aswell, we'd be easily able to secure players to come in for the 2 key positions we need - as you say; striker and goalkeeper

Plus we'd need a replacement for the assets we lose and some fillers for the bench/squad players we manage to offload.

There's money in the squad for a GK- Paddy Kenny won't have been on peanuts.

With the exception of Bradford, our profitable and bigger home games are all still to come. Especially if we (and they) can hang around the play-off picture.

However, more rearrangements to mid-week and those become significantly less popular home games. The Dale game (which should in theory be the least affected) will probably see a reduction by 500+.

Absolute bollocks that you can blame Rachubka for the goal against Crewe.

You see these goals all around the world every week. He was let down, just like Kenny was, by a very poor defence. (James Wilson who people expect to be sold for lots of money. And elokobi).

It's a fantastic finish.

Edited by oldhamoafc

Absolute bollocks that you can blame Rachubka for the goal against Crewe.

You see these goals all around the world every week. He was let down, just like Kenny was, by a very poor defence. (James Wilson who people expect to be sold for lots of money. And elokobi).

It's a fantastic finish.

He wouldn't even attempted it if the keeper had been better positioned. Edited by opinions4u

He wouldn't even attempted it if the keeper had been better positioned.

Crewe hadnt been in our half for 15 minutes never mind had a shot, the keepers hardly gonna be stood on his line when to be fair the team was looking for the win, he had pushed up and was playing sweeper, J Wilson had lead in his feet and was done up like a kipper but its easy to blame the keeper, Wilson should of done enough to stop the shot coming in in my opinion, or at least held Ajose up so Chubs could gain his ground, great finish all the same.