Can This One Finally Be A Shitstorm That Galvanises Us?

By the law of averages one of our annual cluster:censored:s has got to result in a siege mentality & success on the back of it hasn't it?

Hopefully we'll have a decent crowd on Saturday, give Blatter a load of :censored: before kick off and then roar the team on to a thumping victory.

On the field not a chance. We lost our best attacking player the other day in Daniel Johnson, and we just simply aren't a good enough side until we find this elusive striker and goalkeeper. Donny are a good side away from home too.

Off the field I have faith that it just might, whether it's forced by senior resignations or fans demands either way this shambles will have galvanised enough fans to make a difference.

I keep wondering what the crowd will be at the weekend. Up or down on Crewe, excluding the away following?

It should be up. The news today should be one that unifies us as fans. Give the club a show of support after what has been one of the most surreal, disturbing and deflating weeks we've ever gone through.

The board have a :censored:ing outrageous amount of work to do to 'make right' this whole insane mess it brought upon its own doorstep. But that's an argument for another day. Let's get behind the boys on Saturday in a big way.

Yup, what 0000 said. Would you like to have to ring up local businesses and ask "Would you like to sponsor an Oldham game?" Our more importantly "Would you like to let a fully fitted out retail unit in a purpose built location?" "The location? Oldham's ground." Click.

"Would you like your 12 year old son to join our youth setup? Yes United and city have better facilities but there is more chance that they will get in the first team here." Parent "Aren't you the club that signs criminals? No thanks, he'll sign for bury."

Or if the fa cup is kind to us next season "Which games should we put on telly? Doncaster v City or Oldham v Liverpool? Hmm, you're right, Donny it is."

Yup, what 0000 said. Would you like to have to ring up local businesses and ask "Would you like to sponsor an Oldham game?" Our more importantly "Would you like to let a fully fitted out retail unit in a purpose built location?" "The location? Oldham's ground." Click.

"Would you like your 12 year old son to join our youth setup? Yes United and city have better facilities but there is more chance that they will get in the first team here." Parent "Aren't you the club that signs criminals? No thanks, he'll sign for bury."

Or if the fa cup is kind to us next season "Which games should we put on telly? Doncaster v City or Oldham v Liverpool? Hmm, you're right, Donny it is."

Or, get us to Wembley lads and everything is sorted with our new fanbase of 30,000.

Edited by BP1960

The squad is very similar to what it was at the start of the season (well from two games in), when our great run started. Swap JCH for Ibehre

We need to strip back to basics in my opinion.

4-4-2 if kellys fit

Rachubka

Wilson Wilson Elokobi Mills

Winchester Kelly Jones Forte

Ibehre Philliskirk

Edited by kieranmcandrew

I would imagine we are still quite toxic from a sponsorship / PR point of view and will remain so for a long time..

Maybe, maybe not.

Speaking to a few non-Oldham supporters at work generates a very different opinion of the club than that you gleen from reading this forum. I think we over analyse the detail of every single statement from Barry et al.

Whilst the move was clearly controversial, the response I am getting is that Oldham has worked behind the scenes in trying to sign Ched but generally handled the situation quite well (I know!) and that they have been bullied and threatened out of it. People are sympathetic to this as not matter what the situation people don't like threats and bullies.

It could be seen as bad PR for anyone else to pull a deal on the club given that the signing has not been made. It would be seen as further threats / bullying and also kicking a man when he is down.

Some good work behiond the scenes in the commerical department could minimise this impact (sans Verlin of course).

Maybe, maybe not.

Speaking to a few non-Oldham supporters at work generates a very different opinion of the club than that you gleen from reading this forum. I think we over analyse the detail of every single statement from Barry et al.

Whilst the move was clearly controversial, the response I am getting is that Oldham has worked behind the scenes in trying to sign Ched but generally handled the situation quite well (I know!) and that they have been bullied and threatened out of it. People are sympathetic to this as not matter what the situation people don't like threats and bullies.

It could be seen as bad PR for anyone else to pull a deal on the club given that the signing has not been made. It would be seen as further threats / bullying and also kicking a man when he is down.

Some good work behiond the scenes in the commerical department could minimise this impact (sans Verlin of course).

Yes, the vast majority of the outside world give far less of a :censored: than we imagine they do.

All this stuff about being "embarrassed" to be an Oldham fan aswell, think of scandals and balls ups other clubs have been involved in - did you ever think any less (if anything at all) of that clubs match going fans? You'd take the piss maybe but then quickly sympathise (unless it was United).

Same for all the talk of "rebuilding our tarnished reputation". This summer might prove a bit more difficult than last summer to attract sponsors but I bet the following summer won't.

A handful of fans might not attend tomorrow who normally would but they'll probably be replaced by a similar number who come to rubberneck in what could be an interesting atmosphere.

Nobody cares.

Putting the case aside and from a pure footballing point of view, think the lads will be more disappointed a quality striker didnt sign, the squad just lost a player that could arguably fire us back up the league.

Lets hope the forwards get a kick up the ass in the knowing LJ wants a striker. That said I also think us fans might have a big part to play tomorrow if the atmosphere is flat think the team might struggle. Lets hope we are in fine voice!

On the field not a chance. We lost our best attacking player the other day in Daniel Johnson, and we just simply aren't a good enough side until we find this elusive striker and goalkeeper. Donny are a good side away from home too.

We were doing perfectly fine until he arrived !!!!!!!

Tomorrow will be a good test because i have always maintained that since he came ( good player though he is )

he has upset the balance of the side .

Kelly back tomorrow hopefully and a good 2-0 in the bag - Normal service resumed.

We were doing perfectly fine until he arrived !!!!!!!

Tomorrow will be a good test because i have always maintained that since he came ( good player though he is )

he has upset the balance of the side .

Kelly back tomorrow hopefully and a good 2-0 in the bag - Normal service resumed.

I don't buy this argument whatsoever. Why is it that whenever we get a genuinely quality attacking player they are always said to be 'upsetting the balance'? Harkins, Baxter now Johnson in the space of 2 seasons.

It's more likely we are seeing the game wrong or the manager is. Johnson worked brilliantly at Chesterfield when they were at their best, they dropped him and started losing! He's got the most assists in the league and more goals than anyone for us in the last 5 or 6 games.

Since arriving he carried us through games against Sheffield United and Rochdale and Crawley, then the rest of the team's form grew so bad that he couldn't carry them.

If it wasn't for him this poor streak would've been longer than it was, rather than the other way around.

He's our annual 'joy to watch' player, alongside Winchester. It's just a shame he came along when our team was shocking otherwise he would've been even more special to see contribute to us at our fluent best.

I don't buy this argument whatsoever. Why is it that whenever we get a genuinely quality attacking player they are always said to be 'upsetting the balance'? Harkins, Baxter now Johnson in the space of 2 seasons.

It's more likely we are seeing the game wrong or the manager is. Johnson worked brilliantly at Chesterfield when they were at their best, they dropped him and started losing! He's got the most assists in the league and more goals than anyone for us in the last 5 or 6 games.

Since arriving he carried us through games against Sheffield United and Rochdale and Crawley, then the rest of the team's form grew so bad that he couldn't carry them.

If it wasn't for him this poor streak would've been longer than it was, rather than the other way around.

He's our annual 'joy to watch' player, alongside Winchester. It's just a shame he came along when our team was shocking otherwise he would've been even more special to see contribute to us at our fluent best.

I am not arguing about his ability , i feel we have changed the team system to accommodate him.

We have won one game since he arrived and lost our style of defending in the opposition half of the pitch.

Rodney Marsh was bordering on world class but we know what happened to City after they signed him and nothing has changed since then.

Just because he was good at Chesterfield doesn't mean he will be good here , that's the nature of football be it players or managers.

Get players that fit into the team not fit a team around one player.

This month will show how much we miss him if he doesn't re-sign.