Danny Philliskirk

Why is Carl Winchester not playing behind the striker when he's by far and away the best player at the club?

If Winchester was ever the best player at the club we might as well throw in the towel. He is not and never has been even for 90 minutes so stop trying to create your own agenda, he is lightweight never wins a tackle, never goes past his man on the outside never ever creates more problems on that side than his opponent creates against him. Might as well put him on the available list now because he is not good enough no matter what his 'fans' come out with. Get a proper midfielder in place!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Winchester was ever the best player at the club we might as well throw in the towel. He is not and never has been even for 90 minutes so stop trying to create your own agenda, he is lightweight never wins a tackle, never goes past his man on the outside never ever creates more problems on that side than his opponent creates against him. Might as well put him on the available list now because he is not good enough no matter what his 'fans' come out with. Get a proper midfielder in place!

I'm going to presume you're just trolling, so I won't dignify this post with a proper response.

Edited by dec666

I don't quite agree with Dec but he's not million miles away. He's got plenty of drive and determination but there's not a great deal of quality there.

Maybe he hasn't been at his best in the recent games that he has played in but for Dec to suggest his heart isn't in it after a fairly decent season so far is a bit unfair

Perhaps I was slightly harsh. But better than Winchester? Not a chance.

He's not played well for a while but I do like Jones, harsh to single him out when the majority of players have lacked the fight in certain games.

Edited by dec666

Sorry was on about Philly. Mike Jones is a decent player being asked to play a different position to his usual with being left of the diamond

I do agree that Philly has gone off the boil recently, however some claiming that Winchester is better than Jones FFS-they havent got a clue. Jones plays when fit!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

I do agree that Philly has gone off the boil recently, however some claiming that Winchester is better than Jones FFS-they havent got a clue. Jones plays when fit!

"If Winchester was ever the best player at the club we might as well throw in the towel. He is not and never has been even for 90 minutes so stop trying to create your own agenda, he is lightweight never wins a tackle, never goes past his man on the outside never ever creates more problems on that side than his opponent creates against him. Might as well put him on the available list now because he is not good enough no matter what his 'fans' come out with. Get a proper midfielder in place!"

Please don't tell people they don't have a clue when you produced the moronic statement I've quoted.

"If Winchester was ever the best player at the club we might as well throw in the towel. He is not and never has been even for 90 minutes so stop trying to create your own agenda, he is lightweight never wins a tackle, never goes past his man on the outside never ever creates more problems on that side than his opponent creates against him. Might as well put him on the available list now because he is not good enough no matter what his 'fans' come out with. Get a proper midfielder in place!"

Please don't tell people they don't have a clue when you produced the moronic statement I've quoted.

That is what the quote button facility is for! He isnt wasnt and never will be the best player at the club! That is my opinion!

What is absolutely certain is that Winchester is not at the moment the best player at the club as you have claimed.

Call my statement moronic if you want but he is a long way down the teamsheet most weeks after Kelly Jones Kean Philly Forte J Wilson Mills

That is what the quote button facility is for! He isnt wasnt and never will be the best player at the club! That is my opinion!

What is absolutely certain is that Winchester is not at the moment the best player at the club as you have claimed.

Call my statement moronic if you want but he is a long way down the teamsheet most weeks after Kelly Jones Kean Philly Forte J Wilson Mills

I'd give Winchester a five year contract, play him centrally and build the team around him.

By all means give him a new contract possibly 2 years, O4U but to say build a team around him requires, IMHO, a massive leap of faith. Parts of his game has come on this season, i.e. ball carrying and shooting. He needs another year to develop stamina, decision making, tackling and passing. If those improve and I'm not talking about perfection in all areas but he needs more of an all round game to be the focal point you refer to.

Winchester is the best player at the club. Edited by HarryBosch

By all means give him a new contract possibly 2 years, O4U but to say build a team around him requires, IMHO, a massive leap of faith. Parts of his game has come on this season, i.e. ball carrying and shooting. He needs another year to develop stamina, decision making, tackling and passing. If those improve and I'm not talking about perfection in all areas but he needs more of an all round game to be the focal point you refer to.

I agree with all that-a 2 year contract as long as he agrees to stay on £15K per annum (Same for Connor Brown too)

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Seeing as though you said I could, your statement is moronic. He is the best footballer at the club...

Winchester is about one hundred times the player Philliskirk is. Put him behind the strikers, where he can cause most damage and put Philliskirk on the bench - he's a waste of a space on the pitch.

Murphy/Wilkinson up front, Forte on the left, Poleon on the right wing (we don't have anyone else) and Winchester behind the striker. Kelly and Jones in midfield together. Brian Wilson nowhere near the pitch - Connor Brown at right back, Mills left back and Elokobi and J Wilson together ahead of Kean.

That HAS to be our team. It's the best we have.

Only reservation with Winchester behind the striker is that often he starts runs from deep, so perhaps Mellis next to Kelly, Jones behind striker and Winchester on right wing.

Yes he's been :censored:e of late but no worse than many of his team mates.

We've seen he's a decent player when on form.

How's about we all just get behind & support a local lad who's a member of a family that's given years of loyal service to the club while he plays through a spell of poor form?

Yes he's been :censored:e of late but no worse than many of his team mates.

We've seen he's a decent player when on form.

How's about we all just get behind & support a local lad who's a member of a family that's given years of loyal service to the club while he plays through a spell of poor form?

He's not dying...