Danny Philliskirk

Yes he's been :censored:e of late but no worse than many of his team mates.

We've seen he's a decent player when on form.

How's about we all just get behind & support a local lad who's a member of a family that's given years of loyal service to the club while he plays through a spell of poor form?

The manager is continually putting him in the line of fire.

He's horribly out of form but LJ keeps on persisting with him. Myself and several others have said loads of times that he needs to be dropped for his own sake, so he can review his game - he doesn't seem to have a purpose or clear role at the moment - come back with a bit of vigour and play to a level he's proved he can do.

It's not helping him or the team to be playing so badly. It's compounding his form. It's the manager that deserves the criticism for not seeing how it's effecting the lad's confidence, and his fault for playing somebody who doesn't deserve a place in the side based on performances.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is what the quote button facility is for! He isnt wasnt and never will be the best player at the club! That is my opinion!

What is absolutely certain is that Winchester is not at the moment the best player at the club as you have claimed.

Call my statement moronic if you want but he is a long way down the teamsheet most weeks after Kelly Jones Kean Philly Forte J Wilson Mills

The manager said Winchester looked like a premiership player.

Edited by BP1960

Yes he's been :censored:e of late but no worse than many of his team mates.

We've seen he's a decent player when on form.

How's about we all just get behind & support a local lad who's a member of a family that's given years of loyal service to the club while he plays through a spell of poor form?

How about supporting any player that puts on a Latics shirt??? And where did this "local" lad bit come from?

???

Apologies HB, I thought we were still on about Winchester......brain and typing fingers not in harmony.

I've not rubbished the lad as he has had some excellent games mainly working off a big forward. At the moment, it's not working and that will come back once Wilkinson is fit.

Apologies HB, I thought we were still on about Winchester......brain and typing fingers not in harmony.

I've not rubbished the lad as he has had some excellent games mainly working off a big forward. At the moment, it's not working and that will come back once Wilkinson is fit.

But it's not working for several of them. I don't understand why he comes in for more criticism than others.

If we're going to apply different rules and/or standards to him surely, if anything, he should get less stick being a local lad & Tony's son.....?

The team haven't scored in his last 285 minutes on the pitch, bearing in mind we have played two of the worst teams in the league in a week its hard to make a case for him starting at the moment, I know others haven't shined recently but the game at Scunthorpe and the goals against Swindon happened when he wasn't on the pitch, for whatever reason its just not happening.

But it's not working for several of them. I don't understand why he comes in for more criticism than others.

If we're going to apply different rules and/or standards to him surely, if anything, he should get less stick being a local lad & Tony's son.....?

We shouldn't apply different rules and that should be same for Philliskirk, irrespective of his dad's standing as I would hazard a guess that Tony would not countenance special treatment for his lad.

Regarding performances of late, I firmly believe that most of the problem lies with the manager who is not playing to individual players strengths but is trying to push players into a formation that they are not comfortable with.

Examples

Forte - beginning of the season played wide left and only had the full back to contend with. Now played as a fromt man and has the hoof ball, no space and 2 big defenders

to contend with.

Kelly and Jones - once Kelly got up to speed, these 2 made a formidable partnership both attacking and defending because they were close. Once Jones got shoved out wide left that interplay that took us up the field was lost.

Players who do appear to be out of form are in defence...both Wilsons are not playing well especially Brian. I think Lockwood needs to be brought in to shore up and organise the defence and build Jsmes's confidence up.

Edited by mikejh45

The team haven't scored in his last 285 minutes on the pitch, bearing in mind we have played two of the worst teams in the league in a week its hard to make a case for him starting at the moment, I know others haven't shined recently but the game at Scunthorpe and the goals against Swindon happened when he wasn't on the pitch, for whatever reason its just not happening.

Good stat, except for the fact it's wrong...

Correct it then, last time we scored with him on the pitch was against Notts County at home.

Sorry, I misread.

Philliskirks best game this season was Rochdale and we all know where he played that day.

I'm not expecting David Silva here, but if you watch Philliskirks movement in the number 10 position it's so poor, it leaves us with no link to the front two.

Edited by dec666

Good stat, except for the fact it's wrong...

Philliskirk got subbed after 53 minutes at Barnsley, so it's 250 minutes, not 285, or to be more accurate 287. (Forte scored in the 73rd minute)