Danny Philliskirk

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This site, presumably includes the penalties that he's won, has him down for 8 league assists, making him by far our most creative player. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/1078/leistungsdaten/verein/1078/plus/1/reldata/GB3%262014

It's pretty difficult for him to have an impact on games like Barnsley when the ball is just sailing over his head the whole game from punts by the centre halves.

He should score more goals, Crawley (I think) he had a near post header and he missed the ball, Fleetwood away he should have scored one-on-one. But I think, without trying to preach meaningless stats that I don't have, he gives the team a better balance. Look at our results when Dan Johnson was here - one win? It didn't need an expert to see that we were unbalanced. Philli offers us that balance (don't say strikers shouldn't be in the team for defending, Pelle and Long at Southampton, Kane at Spurs do loads of pressing and winning the ball back high up the pitch.)

I think he is a little out of form. But that happens, and if he is injured from JYM, then a couple of weeks rest might do him good. Only Jones, Kelly and J Wilson have played more than him. It's a good opportunity for Mellis to show what he can do.

Danny 'the ball winner' Philliskirk is a master at emerging from a 50/50 with the ball at his feet. Take his performance at Barnsley as an example to behold. And if he's not winning the ball he's either scoring beauties or laying it on a platter for someone else

This site, presumably includes the penalties that he's won, has him down for 8 league assists, making him by far our most creative player. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/1078/leistungsdaten/verein/1078/plus/1/reldata/GB3%262014

It's pretty difficult for him to have an impact on games like Barnsley when the ball is just sailing over his head the whole game from punts by the centre halves.

He should score more goals, Crawley (I think) he had a near post header and he missed the ball, Fleetwood away he should have scored one-on-one. But I think, without trying to preach meaningless stats that I don't have, he gives the team a better balance. Look at our results when Dan Johnson was here - one win? It didn't need an expert to see that we were unbalanced. Philli offers us that balance (don't say strikers shouldn't be in the team for defending, Pelle and Long at Southampton, Kane at Spurs do loads of pressing and winning the ball back high up the pitch.)

I think he is a little out of form. But that happens, and if he is injured from JYM, then a couple of weeks rest might do him good. Only Jones, Kelly and J Wilson have played more than him. It's a good opportunity for Mellis to show what he can do.

Agreed and can the idiots just get off his back

Danny 'the ball winner' Philliskirk is a master at emerging from a 50/50 with the ball at his feet. Take his performance at Barnsley as an example to behold. And if he's not winning the ball he's either scoring beauties or laying it on a platter for someone else

H'mm.

I think he's out of form more than anything. If a chance falls to him in the box he normally makes the 'keeper work. If a few go in on he converts the Pen from the other week his form might imrpove. A rest might do him good. My only problem with him is he isn't very strong on the ball but just one of them things. He's a solid player at this level.

Edited by bluehobbit

Whose defending him tonight then ? Golden boy but offers the team absoloutely nothing in any third of the pitch, its no coincidence we cant win a game at the minute with him on the pitch, to play him in front of Winny is nothing short of criminal.

Agreed, and I have defended him in the past

Whose defending him tonight then ? Golden boy but offers the team absoloutely nothing in any third of the pitch, its no coincidence we cant win a game at the minute with him on the pitch, to play him in front of Winny is nothing short of criminal.

Winch is carrying a knock so they were trying to protect him.DP had a poor game but so did all the others.I seem to remember him being on the pitch on Tuesday when we won.

Ohh the boo boy is picked out again is he? They were all crap (excluding perhaps Mills) but let's repeat the crap analysis of one of them!

Winch is carrying a knock so they were trying to protect him.DP had a poor game but so did all the others.I seem to remember him being on the pitch on Tuesday when we won.

Carrying a knock ? Seemed fine when he came on, as for boo boy he will turn into one if he continues to perform in such an inept way he is totally toothless, as for him being in the team Tuesday he chased shadows for the half hour he was on and had zero influence on the game, like ive said the team at Scunthorpe and the one early doors at Swindon didnt contain him, says it all really, golden boy can do no wrong for some though.

Carrying a knock ? Seemed fine when he came on, as for boo boy he will turn into one if he continues to perform in such an inept way he is totally toothless, as for him being in the team Tuesday he chased shadows for the half hour he was on and had zero influence on the game, like ive said the team at Scunthorpe and the one early doors at Swindon didnt contain him, says it all really, golden boy can do no wrong for some though.

Seemed fine when he came on but was as crap as 12 of the others! Stop picking one -there were plenty of others who were crap today! He is your boo boy!

Seemed fine when he came on but was as crap as 12 of the others! Stop picking one -there were plenty of others who were crap today! He is your boo boy!

Because we are :censored: and powder puff with him in the team, ive backed it up with stats so go on make the case for him being in the team ahead of Winny today ? In fact how did Mike Jones go off before him, Im sorry but the bloke needs to step up and grow a pair cos he isnt up to it.

Seem to recall a cross on Tuesday that Murphy should have buried that's not zero influence

Why pick him out? Forte was 1v1 and decided not to challenge the keeper. That's criminal, i think danny would have gone round the keeper, if he was in that situation. Just cause he's top scorer, doesn't mean he's immune to criticism.

Im not saying others are immune but this is the Danny Philliskirk thread so I tend to stick to the subject, if anyone actually wants to tell me what he brings to the team Im happy to listen. I just dont see it.

Im not saying others are immune but this is the Danny Philliskirk thread so I tend to stick to the subject, if anyone actually wants to tell me what he brings to the team Im happy to listen. I just dont see it.

Its a thread which you have jumped on with vigour, irrespective of the facts that today Forte was crap, Jones was crap, Kelly was crap in fact everyone but Mills were crap, yes even effing Winchester was crap. Then you make the point that Philly has done nothing at all in 120 minutes and someone quite rightly points his superb cross that Murphy should have buried on Tuesday evening but your reaction then is say oh well done Danny, 1 cross well done (sarcastically.)

Do you not think that we are all pissed off tonight with 13 of the 14 players today but ohh no you want to single out Philly again and again!

Well here is something that will astound you with your 'football knowledge' the manager picks him every week, he has been instrumental in everyone of our best performances this season, he can play as right mid/ tip of the diamond/striker/link man but you want to pick him out in a team that were all crap, yes including him but try and extend your view of a football match beyond one player-who by the way is one of the best we have at our club. If you cannot see it then poor you

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Lets see if he picks him next week then. Im not the only one who sees it there are plenty on here who support my view, was glad when he was rested and couldnt understand how he walked straight back into a winning team at the expense of our most creative player, like I say he is the blue eyed boy of the squad but he needs a rocket up is arse because for me he just isnt doing it. As for being one of our best players dont make me laugh.