Mail article Lee Johnson

Definitely a good read, especially when you consider that Johnson probably paid Corney to get the job in the first place, and that Johnson was a massive driver of the Evans saga. Two massive puff piece belly laughs there.

He paid for his job? 'Probably' suggests that statement is bollox. None of us know the full facts about the Evans deal. A bit like the Daily Fail writing bull :censored: like they are facts.

When the Daily Mail can't get the headline correct- he's no longer the youngest manager in the league, Adam Murray at Mansfield is younger; then you wonder how much license has been given to the other bits of the story.

My suspects would be:

Bove (Out on loan- so away from home)

Turner (From Preston - so not an easy commute even if he can drive)

Truelove (Can he drive?)

JCH- the story is old and it sounds like the sort of thing he'd do.

Winchester - The reference to a teenager is wrong and I can see him earning that sort of freedom recently

Coleman (Can he drive?)

I'm not party to inside information but I bet those with sources will be on to reveal all.

He paid for his job? 'Probably' suggests that statement is bollox. None of us know the full facts about the Evans deal. A bit like the Daily Fail writing bull :censored: like they are facts.

Just like Dickov did. Not unheard of elsewhere either. Why else do these young inexperienced managers come from nowhere to get jobs? PowerPoint presentations? Do me a favour...

My bull:censored: is so much better quality than the Daily Fail.

The "probably" is a nod to the Oystons and our esteemed if highly volatile and easily influenced chairman.

Really? Name me a young manager that without doubt bought his job at a club please. As unheard of as you say it is, I've never heard of it.

I don't believe that someone with the qualifications that LJ has ( more than most prem managers) had 3/4 interviews and then paid cash for the job.

Another OWTBs myth.

Edited by palmer1

Just like Dickov did. Not unheard of elsewhere either. Why else do these young inexperienced managers come from nowhere to get jobs? PowerPoint presentations? Do me a favour...

My bull:censored: is so much better quality than the Daily Fail.

The "probably" is a nod to the Oystons and our esteemed if highly volatile and easily influenced chairman.

WIZZO, 24hoursfromtulsehill & David Icke walk into a bar.........

From a combination of rumour, words spoken from a director elected by supporters and other stuff that I can't recall I came to the conclusion that the original contract given to Johnson was in the region a basic £40k. One assumes this increased when we extended it.

No idea of add-ons. No idea if it includes a share of transfer fees.

But I'd be pretty confident get didn't pay to be employed.

WIZZO, 24hoursfromtulsehill & David Icke walk into a bar.........

My stuff is much better than Wizzo's and David Icke's.

My version enjoys the luxury of being more plausible than the official version of events, whereby Dickov and Johnson were employed after impressing the chairman with their knowledge of the game, shared via the medium of PowerPoint.

Really? Name me a young manager that without doubt bought his job at a club please. As unheard of as you say it is, I've never heard of it.

I don't believe that someone with the qualifications that LJ has ( more than most prem managers) had 3/4 interviews and then paid cash for the job.

Another OWTBs myth.

It's not a myth but a competing version of what's gone on. The reason why this practice isn't common knowledge isn't hard to discern. Fans generally have reservations about giving the job to the highest bidder rather than some other form of merit. Personally, I can see Corney's rationale. He wants his manager - the most important person at the club - to have skin in the game. I'm all for it if it works.

The article is written by our very own Mr Keegan. If he has made a claim that is not accurate then I would assume it only human error and he is not intending to mislead. I would've thought the content largely reliable.

I think it fair to say LJ the subject makes a good read. I also think he is very astute with his public profile. For as long as he is our manager we will benefit from this.

I read someone else on here post that they believed everything LJ says to the media is considered, has meaning and is designed to promote himself. I think this also very true.

I wish him all the best. I hope he's with us for a few more years yet... He's still very young for a manager and so doesn't need to be in a hurry. I hope we see the Championship before a bigger club takes him off us.

Oh.... and I knew he'd been recommended to us.... But I wouldn't have guessed Kenny Dalglish!?!

Edited by lookersstandandy

Oh.... and I knew he'd been recommended to us.... But I wouldn't have guessed Kenny Dalglish!?!

Kenny rang Corney. Probably the difference between interview and no interview.

The article is written by our very own Mr Keegan. If he has made a claim that is not accurate then I would assume it only human error and he is not intending to mislead. I would've thought the content largely reliable.

The article says 'Simon Corney (club chairman and owner) thinks that I should be paying him for the Oldham experience!' says Johnson.

Edited by opinions4u

Kenny rang Corney. Probably the difference between interview and no interview.

...but why Corney? If it were Royle I could understand.... But Kenny Dalglish has no connection with us and Corney none with Liverpool. We'd lost 5-1 to Kenny's Liverpool in the cup not long before is the only loose link!?? Edited by lookersstandandy

...but why Corney? If it were Royle I could understand.... But Kenny Dalglish has no connection with us and Corney none with Liverpool. We'd lost 5-1 to Kenny's Liverpool in the cup not long before is the only loose link!??

We had won 3-2 actually and don't you think every clubs owners speak to each other and give recommendations

...but why Corney? If it were Royle I could understand.... But Kenny Dalglish has no connection with us and Corney none with Liverpool. We'd lost 5-1 to Kenny's Liverpool in the cup not long before is the only loose link!??

He'd been spending time seeing how Liverpool did things I think and had even been offered a coaching job there, if memory serves me correctly

People in football know each other beyond when their teams play. Didn't Bruce say during the Evans fiasco that he'd rung SC who he knows well?