Parking ticket - Scunthorpe

If it's a proper fine from the local council traffic wardens youre a bit screwed. But if it's an "invoice" or "parking charge" from one of these private companies then just ignore it. They'll send you a few threatening letters but just ignore them and eventually they'll go away. They have no jurisdiction to enforce any fine and just rely on people getting scared and paying up.

If it's a proper fine from the local council traffic wardens youre a bit screwed. But if it's an "invoice" or "parking charge" from one of these private companies then just ignore it. They'll send you a few threatening letters but just ignore them and eventually they'll go away. They have no jurisdiction to enforce any fine and just rely on people getting scared and paying up.

I don't think this is strictly true anymore, I think some companies (including creative parking/civil enforcement, who have taken over the Pennine Acute carparks) do eventually issue court proceedings way down the line. Although they have a :censored:e success rate I believe.

Try doing a search of the MSE forum for the company name and read the NEWBIES thread at the top of the forum (if it is one of these private firms) http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

They can only sue you for loss of potential earnings etc.
If there was no charge for parking then they ain't got any losses to sue you for.

Also they would need to prove they had clear signage out warning people and it looks as though they didn't.

Like you say they will try and get heavy but at the end of the day but they wont take it to court.

They can only sue you for loss of potential earnings etc.

If there was no charge for parking then they ain't got any losses to sue you for.

Also they would need to prove they had clear signage out warning people and it looks as though they didn't.

Like you say they will try and get heavy but at the end of the day but they wont take it to court.

I usually park there, got there this time and saw a parking enforcement camera van, had a little drive around and there are a few signs about no parking, although these are very easy to miss there was definately some signage!

I usually park there, got there this time and saw a parking enforcement camera van, had a little drive around and there are a few signs about no parking, although these are very easy to miss there was definately some signage!

The approach road to The Old Farmhouse pub/restaurant was dotted with several signs like this one.

6800646-large.jpg

You take that picture on the day? Never saw em, was too busy looking for somewhere and the road was full of cars, so presumed there were no restrictions.

No I didn't but I can assure you that there were several signs like that dotted along that road.

When I arrived the road was completely empty and I was going to park there for a quick getaway after the match, until I saw the signs. I parked on the pub car park and was amazed, when leaving the pub for the match, to find the road full of parked cars. When I returned after the match, I was surprised that there were no parking notices on the parked cars. Presumably the evidence was videoed and the notices were sent by post.

The approach road to The Old Farmhouse pub/restaurant was dotted with several signs like this one.

6800646-large.jpg

If looks like a private parking company from the details at the bottom.

My understanding is their only recourse for enforcement is through the Civil Courts for their loss of income, e.g. parking charges, not penalties.

The notice also refers to them being able to identify the keeper of the vehicle through DVLA and indeed they can. But they can't take them to court unless they can prove they parked it. The person who parked it is responsible.

The problem for them is the legal keeper is under no legal obligation to divulge that information to them.

Police and Local Authority tickets are a different matter, the keeper must divulge or take the penalty themselves.

I don't suggest parking restrictions should be ignored. If someone wants to restrict your parking on their land so be it, play by the rules. But most Private Parking Companies (who are generally working 'on behalf' of the land owner) usually charge extortionate penalties and imply undeliverable consequences on the parker if they don't pay. I don't see why they should get any help.

Mind how you go.