Normally, TV appearances are something like £500-£1,000 per time. Obivously more if you are an anchor or main commentator. I can't see Dowie being a pundit they would give a contract too, knowledgeable as he is. I would think he would be on appearance money. Factor in his travelling costs and he won't be on mega bucks I'd stake a fair sum on.

Here are some appearance fees, granted from a little while ago, but it gives an indication of the fees paid. The number of footballers avaiallbe for punditry would be massive so a supplier's market

Hence why his reply was "We'll See". Put in a Promotion bonus and he could be tempted...!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2046636/MPs-paid-thousands-appear-BBC-As-Corporation-cuts-politicians-given-licence-fee-cash-TV-radio.html

A mate of mine went to a sportsmans dinner recently where Dean Windsss said he got £1000 per game for being at a game on Soccer Special. ID must get at least that given that, unlike Windass, he is capable of putting together a coherent sentence.

Maybe a deal that allows Dowie to supplement his earnings by doing some Northern Sky games would be a solution..........would love him back :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bollocks, well your entitled to your opinion of course but it's important to remember that Harbin wasn't just in charge with fitness though, he is also a Sports Psychologist. I lost track of how many games in that season that we got extra points out of in the last 10 minutes. Fitness and mental toughness being key factors to playing the full 90 minutes.

The only time we have had sustained success has been with real partnership between manager and main coach; Royle & Donnachie. Dowie and Harbin were a very good partnership!

The big question is, if we could tempt Harbin back, would he be able to get the current squad to stop conceding in the first 2 minutes!

If this is true I can't see him being offered anything like that at Latics.

Wasn't LJ initially on about 40k then moved to 60k

On the rarely-read sportsvibe site, when SC was talking about Paul Scholes becoming manager in 2013:

“For one thing, I cannot see him wanting to go from earning £60,000-a-week at Manchester United to £600-a-week at Oldham!"

http://sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/oldham-chief-admits-paul-scholes-appointment-is-unlikely-23151/

It's bound to be a lot more than that but I doubt it being anywhere near £100,000pa.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

On the rarely-read sportsvibe site, when SC was talking about Paul Scholes becoming manager in 2013:

“For one thing, I cannot see him wanting to go from earning £60,000-a-week at Manchester United to £600-a-week at Oldham!"

http://sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/oldham-chief-admits-paul-scholes-appointment-is-unlikely-23151/

It's bound to be a lot more than that but I doubt it being anywhere near £100,000pa.

Funnily enough £60,000K a year would possibly be about right if reports are true!

Dowie is on over 100k for sky. His words

He's on more than that as Sky isn't only source of income

Money's not everything though ... footballs a drug to these people and managing a club, especially one you're very fond of still

It will be interesting if we see/or get the chance to see Lee Johnson in the same position in years to come.

In a few years time their will come a point when Lee Johnson will be out of work we will be either be manager less or under performing and their will be people suggesting his return.

Guest Stanley30

Love either dowie or shez, we played some cracking football under both. Am leaning towards shez due to the amount of young players he gave a chance to.