To be fair after Brentford i didnt think he played again, but the following game against Mansfield LJ threw him back in and he was one of are better players. He played well away at Sheff United and Coventry last season.

People may say he his lightweight but am sure if Dowie was in charge he soon have him all toughened up like with Wilko and the rest of the players. At times i have wondered are all league one sides to dirty or are players just to soft? especially at Orient the other week we seemed to bottle of alot of challenges and fair few headers.

We still are ,and have been nearly all season,still bottom ( or top,depending on how you view it!) of the fair play table.This was an issue I raised a few seasons ago on this very board,asking were we too lightweight for this division?

I was shot down at the time but the feeling lingers that almost every team that we play seems to be bigger and often more physically robust than we are.

Mellor's never been the same player since LJ hung him out to dry and humiliated him in the press by saying 'he couldn't run'...

This is a guy that turned it on big time in central midfield to keep us up. We should remember that and give him less stick on here.

But just when he looked like a 'Wes that can also pass', he was out of the team and never given a run of games.

LJ has always had a thing about the players that were here before it seems. Winchester deserves immense praise for literally forcing his way in so he couldn't be ignored or dropped without a lot of criticism.

This is Mellor's last chance. He'll be trying his best. We should support him.

If he pulls the shirt on, does a shift then we should support.

Remember he kept that Sturridge in his back pocket most of the livepool game and has a mean long ball on him with accuracy too.

I was hoping this would be his season, nows the time for him to grab it

Seen what he can do...agree you have to improve as per Winchester but:

1. He rarely gets a run of games

2. He is played in a number of positions

Sit the lad down and agree where both parties feel his BEST position is and train him there and when necessary PLAY him there.

I feel his confidence is key to his performance and playing all over the park isn't going to help this. Once we know his proper position and get him confident..hes more likely to be comfy in other roles if necessary.

But, what is his best position?

Did he? When..?

When he was man of the match in several national newspapers - but is clearly a non-league-standard traitor who should be pelted because he was beaten by an England winger for one of the goals and involved in a defensive cock-up for the second, away to a high-flying Premier League team that we'd kept in touch with for 70-odd minutes...

When he was man of the match in several national newspapers - but is clearly a non-league-standard traitor who should be pelted because he was beaten by an England winger for one of the goals and involved in a defensive cock-up for the second, away to a high-flying Premier League team that we'd kept in touch with for 70-odd minutes...

Sturridge didn't play in that game, though.

I'd also like you to find these National newspaper reports of him being Man of the Match. Cos I don't remember one...

Mellor's never been the same player since LJ hung him out to dry and humiliated him in the press by saying 'he couldn't run'...

This is a guy that turned it on big time in central midfield to keep us up. We should remember that and give him less stick on here.

But just when he looked like a 'Wes that can also pass', he was out of the team and never given a run of games.

LJ has always had a thing about the players that were here before it seems. Winchester deserves immense praise for literally forcing his way in so he couldn't be ignored or dropped without a lot of criticism.

This is Mellor's last chance. He'll be trying his best. We should support him.

Agree with a this. I know a few of the younger players personally and LJ has a lot to answer for with his attitude to them and the players he has never signed. He was a disgusting little coward with them at times....