Mike Jones

He doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves from what I can see.

Isn't he exactly the kind of midfielder we've been crying out for for ages?

Creative, industrious, scores a few...

A goalscoring midfielder at last!

He's probably just edging Winchester and Kelly for player of the season in my eyes.

Yes, those two are better players (or are they?) but, Jones is far more consistent and dependable.

How long is his contract for?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He gets a lot of credit from plenty of people and has done all season.

Better than Winchester, of course he is-by a long way, Its bloody obvious

Disagree he's better than Winchester. Winchester is by far the more intelligent player. Bar the goal what did jones create yesterday? Don't get me wrong we'd be even worse off without his goal contribution and I'm glad we have him but Winchester is better!

Disagree he's better than Winchester. Winchester is by far the more intelligent player. Bar the goal what did jones create yesterday? Don't get me wrong we'd be even worse off without his goal contribution and I'm glad we have him but Winchester is better!

What did Winchester create yesterday?

Midfield 3 of Kelly, Jones and Winchester is the perfect combination.

wasn't aware that I said he did create anything. He's just a far more intelligent player.

So ignoring the Goal by Jones and the cock up by Winchester we now have to ignore the fact that Wincester created nothing as well, do you want to add any more facts that you would like us to exclude for the sake of this thread?

So ignoring the Goal by Jones and the cock up by Winchester we now have to ignore the fact that Wincester created nothing as well, do you want to add any more facts that you would like us to exclude for the sake of this thread?

Not at all. If we're going off yesterday jones created more. The goal and nothing else. On the balance of footballing ability and intelligence there is only one winner. That's the point I was trying to make.

So if we are choosing to ignore a Goal from Jones do we also choose to ignore Winchester cocking up for their second Goal too! A very selective analysis

Cock-up - Nah that was a piece of very bad luck, Winchester is clearing his lines, it hits their player and the rebound nestles into the bottom corner. Their player then celebrates as if he has scored the winning goal in the cup final.

Jones is our best player on his day.. He is a victim of being versatile can do a job on the left but is far more useful in the center I would even play him off a striker.. Has great stamina, decent shot, good pace and control

Not sure I agree with Winchester being our most intelligent player - He's come on leaps and bounds this season but he still does a lot of sideways running....Dreadfully unlucky with the clearance yesterday

Not at all. If we're going off yesterday jones created more. The goal and nothing else. On the balance of footballing ability and intelligence there is only one winner. That's the point I was trying to make.

I disagree both on ability and intellgence.

Running past defenders, Winchester wins.

Never a clock up that one...He cleared the ball for it to just hit the lad and went in the net. Unluckiest goal we have concedes for a while!

Edited by super_blue

Cock-up - Nah that was a piece of very bad luck, Winchester is clearing his lines, it hits their player and the rebound nestles into the bottom corner. Their player then celebrates as if he has scored the winning goal in the cup final.

He tried to pass it out I thought rather than put his foot through it. Still really unlucky.

Whilst I've no desire to enter the 'Who's better...?' debate, it was a cock-up. He wasn't on the goal line, he didn't need to aimlessly swing his foot at it with no regard to what was around him. Winchester has the ability to do better in a situation like that but he panicked and paid the price for it.