Bradford season ticket

I know the manager situation and player released list has dominated conversations this week but I really wanted to mention the season ticket offer from Bradford. £150 for a season is a fantastic offer and although I wouldn't expect us to be able to get 15000 season tickets it shows a club near us, in the same division able to price it's games attractively and for the standard on show. They have done it for a few years now as we'll i think. Why can't we be doing something along those lines

With mcfc on our side of manc and increasing capacity along with mufc close we must be in the worst place in the country for a lower division team. I fear the only way we will gain support in the coming years will be through cheaper pricing to attract more fans. Just hope corney and the board see this and do something similar or crowds will continue to slowly decrease. I doubt the new stand will make little difference to attendances now they have appointed someone who has divided fans opinions. It will be a brave move financially but may be the only way to turn the club around from its current lg 1 slump

The catchment area for Bradford is far bigger and far less mobile (i.e. less likely to travel to another local club) so a cheap season ticket pretty much guarantees larger crowds I dont believe in Oldham it would guarantee the same.

I used to live in Bingley, there are massive areas north and east of Bradford where there is simply no other club you can get to easily.

I think Corney has discussed this in the past and has said that it's not feasible until we get to something like 7k season ticket holders (which isn't going to happen with current attendances).

I agree that, due to the clubs on our doorstep, we need to keep trying new ideas though.

Its not feasible if you budget on 2000 paying around £350 each, if you halved the price its not certain that you would double the sales but at some stage somethings got to give because year on year we are losing fans, who wont be tempted back by £350 ST's or £22 POTD, Bradford bit the bullet and had the foresight to try something different, as with most things in life you reap what you sow.

For us to price season tickets at £150 we would have to more than double the number sold to break even, and I don't think that would happen. Especially after alienating hundreds in the Chaddy. and a very controversial managerial appointment.

If a few hundred Chaddy Enders feel alienated by the decision to swop ends ( possibly temporarily ) are also upset about the choice of manager and as a result choose not to renew ST's then as a club we are :censored:ed!

At the end of the day it's our club, it's bigger than any manager or owner and the only way it can survive and prosper is if its supported by the the fans. If people chose to abandon the club it will simply cease to exist, end of.

If that's what people want so be it!!!

If a few hundred Chaddy Enders feel alienated by the decision to swop ends ( possibly temporarily ) are also upset about the choice of manager and as a result choose not to renew ST's then as a club we are :censored:ed!

At the end of the day it's our club, it's bigger than any manager or owner and the only way it can survive and prosper is if its supported by the the fans. If people chose to abandon the club it will simply cease to exist, end of.

If that's what people want so be it!!!

In isolation you are all probably right cheap season tickets wouldn't have sold the amount necessary.

But I genuinely think with the new stand and a manager that could win hearts and minds for fans that have come and gone at a successful period for the club was as big a marketing opportunity as we will have for years to come was missed.

That suggests a major lack of ambition and appetite in my opinion which is the bigger dissapointnent and worries me for the future of the club. The football side of the club is just stagnating.

Edited by Blue_Guru

BlueGuru absolutely spot on. I'm 32 years old and started supporting Oldham Athletic because of my dad. I have never lived in Oldham and every home game I have been too has been coupled with a 4 hour round trip. At the time of falling in love with football Oldham were exciting to watch, relatively successful and were the little club taking on big boys. I'm guessing a lot of people from my generation fell in love with Oldham for the same reason....but what about this generation? At this moment in time there is absolutely nothing that is going to get the next generation to pick Oldham over anyone else, my frustration is when we have an opportunity to inject some excitement into our football club people who don't sit in the rain at a cold Port Vale on a Tuesday night losing his voice roaring the club on decide to ignore the opportunity and go cheap.

I honestly think the club is dying. Maybe not yet, the books are balanced and that's brilliant but without moving forward you begin to stagnate and ultimately break down.

BlueGuru absolutely spot on. I'm 32 years old and started supporting Oldham Athletic because of my dad. I have never lived in Oldham and every home game I have been too has been coupled with a 4 hour round trip. At the time of falling in love with football Oldham were exciting to watch, relatively successful and were the little club taking on big boys. I'm guessing a lot of people from my generation fell in love with Oldham for the same reason....but what about this generation? At this moment in time there is absolutely nothing that is going to get the next generation to pick Oldham over anyone else, my frustration is when we have an opportunity to inject some excitement into our football club people who don't sit in the rain at a cold Port Vale on a Tuesday night losing his voice roaring the club on decide to ignore the opportunity and go cheap.

I honestly think the club is dying. Maybe not yet, the books are balanced and that's brilliant but without moving forward you begin to stagnate and ultimately break down.

new stand being built and progress being made off the pitch like never before which will lead to bigger revenue in the next few years which will have a knock on effect on the pitch hopefully. Stagnent? i dont think so.

same threads every single year. never happy with the manager, the budget the cost of tickets.

how do peole think it works?

you want lower prices but bigger budget and money spent on a 'name' manager aswell - how does this work without going into debt and actually killing the club on the off chance you might see a bit of excitment for a few years

new stand being built and progress being made off the pitch like never before which will lead to bigger revenue in the next few years which will have a knock on effect on the pitch hopefully. Stagnent? i dont think so.

same threads every single year. never happy with the manager, the budget the cost of tickets.

how do peole think it works?

you want lower prices but bigger budget and money spent on a 'name' manager aswell - how does this work without going into debt and actually killing the club on the off chance you might see a bit of excitment for a few years

Progress really ?

My feeling is the chance of any excitement was lost years ago, take this season for instance we were flirting with the playoffs when a decision was made to let our manager move on to a League 1 rival, a lot of whats been posted on here in the past week has little to do with the politics of appointing an unknown in Darren Kelly its fans reaching the end of their tether, there's little to excite and the apathy around the place at times is soul destroying, we get the same threads year on year because the club has stagnated for a generation, I remember the promises the TTA made when they rode into town, its fair to say not much of it has been kept but we live in hope, Ask yourself why we averaged 6500 fans when the TTA took over and we will be lucky to average half of that next season.

At some stage the club has to work out how to win these fans back, they wont just come back for nothing as the value for money just isn't there. New facilities and a shiny new stand may help but its little use if we can only muster 3000 home fans for a league game, bringing in 'names' does work its been proven it also shows intent, give the fans something to get excited about, try something that may put 100 extra on the gate. Unfortunately through poor leadership and management we have a situation where every decision made leads to more fans leaving, blaming the fans who don't attend is poor - who can blame them ? They've been given every excuse not to attend.

Edited by yarddog73