Club not using top two rows of rocky 15/16

Had a letter today to say I cant have a season ticket as its in the top two rows of the rocky and the club isn't using them next season for ST holders.

It apparently impedes thes view of those in wheelchairs.

Fair enough but they could have told me sooner so I could have had a look at where else to sit or even change stands and views etc.

Wonder how that will be enforced on matchdays as it was hardly an issue last year??

Cant see the problem of using the back rows on the L section as there are no wheelchair spots there, just a wall.

Still baffles me the stupidity of whoever built the stand.

Finally, something that isnt the fault of SC!!!!

Cue archived files which show SC built the RRE...

I dont have an issue with it really if it means the people in wheelchairs can see the game and have a better matchday experience.

Just wish I knew in advance so I could have had a look whilst we had a home game left or had the opportunity to look at the details on the north stand on an open day etc.

Still I think those paying in will still sit there unless its taped off or has that mesh stuff on it.

Cant see the problem of using the back rows on the L section as there are no wheelchair spots there, just a wall.

Still baffles me the stupidity of whoever built the stand.

Finally, something that isnt the fault of SC!!!!

Cue archived files which show SC built the RRE...

Sadly back when the RRE was redeveloped, the needs of disabled supporters weren't properly addressed at most grounds. In fact, the RRE was probably better than most ie disabled supporters were usually housed at pitch level with a poor view like they are in the Chaddy

May be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that it was mentioned in one of the North Stand updates on the fishal a while ago. As someone with a disabled wife, this is an initiative I wholly agree with. The major issue for non ambulant spectators, though, is access to a disabled toilet. If this were addressed, the experience would be enhanced further.

Tickets for the back 2 rows in the L section can be purchased as there is no disabled seating behind that section just a brick wall, although from next season the singing/standing section will be housed in the back half of that section containing the athleticos, so that may or may not interest you.

I dont have an issue with it really if it means the people in wheelchairs can see the game and have a better matchday experience.

Just wish I knew in advance so I could have had a look whilst we had a home game left or had the opportunity to look at the details on the north stand on an open day etc.

Still I think those paying in will still sit there unless its taped off or has that mesh stuff on it.

It will be taped off.

Just ring up and tell them youve had the letter and say can you have the same seats two rows forward please.

Good to hear this has been done, eventually.

I renewed yesterday, this affected me, all I have done is gone down 1 row and across a couple, I would have thought those who sit near me who I have no contact with other than on matchdays will do exactly the same. That is unless they see it as an opportunity to move away from me.

Lol the issue we have is theres four of us together and there isn't four together in that section that high up. We will sort it though.

Really?????

Surprising as at least five of us managed to sit together at the back all the time, and we dont even know where our seats are!!!

Really?????

Surprising as at least five of us managed to sit together at the back all the time, and we dont even know where our seats are!!!

The problem is that at the moment the ST holders still have the option until the 21st May to renew their seats. These seats will not become available until that date passes even though I know of some who have purchased North stand. It wasn't a problem for me as I have just 1 season ticket to buy, although I did ask if I could have the 1 straight down from me as I know they have moved but this wasn't possible.

Had a letter today to say I cant have a season ticket as its in the top two rows of the rocky and the club isn't using them next season for ST holders.

It apparently impedes thes view of those in wheelchairs.

Fair enough but they could have told me sooner so I could have had a look at where else to sit or even change stands and views etc.

Wonder how that will be enforced on matchdays as it was hardly an issue last year??

The fact that these measures have been implemented would suggest disabled supporters thought otherwise.

Viewing for disabled fans in the rre has always been an issue from the time it was built. The stand can look empty but you only need a couple people sat in the seats in front of you to stand and there goes your view. Definitely think this is a good decision by the club with the aim of helping everybody get a good view of the game.